Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The modified scen, contact info, and Rule thread (be prepared to browse)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have a nice day
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
      have a nice day

Except its supposed to be:

hi,

have a nice day
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

hi ,

tyranny does not work ,

IMHO Ming's action was uglier and more violent than the actions that he condemns

have a nice day
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Seriously now,

Ming, your contribution to Apolyton is unquestionable.
          Firstly, you've put a lot of your time into your duties, which is already commendable. But if it wasn't for your efforts, there would not be as much respect for the laws and proper netiquette in Apolyton as there is today.
          However, sometimes I find your behavior to be too violent. Hey, I realize that often times it works well (this approach has already proven itself in NYC ), and I realize that the management has the right to do everything it pleases because it owns the place, but please forgive me if sometimes (sorry I have to say this to you) I simply detest it.
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Pinky, are you interested in keeping this forum?
            Yes, but I also want to know what's going on. I am trying to be as non "lynch" mob as I can be in these questions.
            David Disraeli
            Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

I believe that Ming is fair enough not to take any actions against this game if we continue to discuss the matter in a civil manner (despite what I said about him in my previous post).
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Ming said:

No...

So the lynch him response was even worse.
                PinkyGen said:

Panag was caught with a DL, a violation of Poly rules, and thus the two week sentence. He used the DL to vote twice in an election.
                How does making a DL to vote twice not prove him to be cheating? I'm not trying to be a facetious *****, but I don't follow the chain of logic. I mean, voting twice is against the law in any democracy by definition, I would guess that voting twice would constitue cheating in a democracy game de facto, whether the Apolyton TOS penalises it or not.

Comment

hi,

I believe we need to do some major censoring of this thread

have a nice day
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

El, the logic is that we have no actual "proof" that Panag voted twice. Since polls are anonymous, there is no actual game-proof that Panag voted twice, it is not like tracking IP's. The DL was actually made before this game got started, I believe.

However, as I posted above, I have evidence that Panag voted twice, and I find it unlikely that he did not considering our party's vote total.

I will prpose changes to the election system after we get this game going so this kind of stuff doesn't happen again.
                    David Disraeli
                    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

We have the DL's confession. Isn't that sufficient?

Comment

hi,

NO

have a nice day

Comment

con, this isn't constructive.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                            con, this isn't constructive.
                            hi,

im sorry

have a nice day

Comment

hi,

Look guys give it up already OK?

There was not enough "proof" of cheating

End of discussion.

If panag wants to come back, he can.

End of discussion.

Follow the forum rules or else.

End of discussion.

Thats just the way it is, accept that or move on.
                              Lets start talking about how we are going to form a government and play this **** game already, OK?

Have a nice day
                              Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003, 13:20.

Comment

Yes, end of discussion. Ming's actions are not to be discuted.
                                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                                X