Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been here for a while

Came back for now and...

uh uh uh... are the popups killing this site or what???

What has changed IIRC I had than minimum popup style chosen, has this changed? Is there a legal way to minimize the amount of popus here or not?

Next... the forums are still relatively slow midday UKtime and I can't post because the forums are too busy, that is like morning in the US... what happens during the night? or is today just a busy day...

The server is too busy at the moment. Registered users are given priority on the server, feel free to register using the form below. Otherwise please try again in a few minutes. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    at 4:44pm GMT (UK time), several times in last 30minutes...
    just thought to ask...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Well OFITG, just wait until Gator bites ya.

Concerning less pop-ups, I was informed to change my style to ultalight special...since I've changed Gator hasn't snapped at me, but I still get quite a few other pop-ups, and quite frankly, I don't care for the UltraLight style - but what can I do about it? - short of changing my browser from IE (which I do not want to do).

Comment

Why don't you want to use Mozilla Firebird?
      It's many times better than IE, and it's not big.

I've nou had any poup problems with Poly lately
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Firebird is indeed cool, but I have the popup blocker off because in the Gator thread somebody said that Apolyton doesn't get money from popups that get killed.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

Tbh, I think that many posters, even those that don't wish to harm 'Poly's revenues, are moving ever closer to blockers in the face of the recent spate of nasty pop-ups.

Comment

For some reason, I haven't seen Gator at home, though I saw it once at school.
            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
            XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Tbh, I think that many posters, even those that don't wish to harm 'Poly's revenues, are moving ever closer to blockers in the face of the recent spate of nasty pop-ups.
              Translation:

DrSpike now uses ad-blockers.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hmmm... Weird. I use the google toolbar and block pupups with it, but I allow them for this site... And I only get a Britney Spears Gallery ad every now and then but nothing more... Using the default style... Maybe you are not being cookied properly or something? You know, you see a pop up - you deserve a cookie. And you shouldn't be seeing more popups for a while...
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

ROFL at your sig, vovanism
                  Too good not to mention.
                  XGalaga.

Comment

I'm not getting that sig.

Elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Translation:

DrSpike now uses ad-blockers.
                      Actually I don't. But me, and many others like me who don't wish to harm Poly's revenues are having to consider it.

Comment

C is like running with scissors on a slippery pool deck covered with olive oil.

For Ecthelion.
                        XGalaga.

Comment

I have read it. The point is I didn't grasp it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                            short of changing my browser from IE (which I do not want to do).
                            You do

A Trojan that exploits an Internet Explorer vulnerability is capable of allowing attackers to hijack browser behaviour, anti-virus firms warn.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Use Opera and turn off pop-ups you didnt' request.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X