AUSG101 – Domination Team DAR 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUSG101 – Domination Team DAR 4

This is the DAR (“during action report”) thread for the fourth turn block of 30 turns (550bc – 50ad) for the domination team. Please post your DAR of the next 30 turns, including thoughts of why you did what you did in the game, along with a screenshot at 50ad and a savegame at 50ad. Please name your save with your nickname, team name, and the time (i.e. rhoth-domination-50ad).

Team registry:

The Arsenal
    Konquest02
    Theseus
    Master Zen
    Taian
    Beta
    Charlie_Six

Current voting (by spaceship team)

Master Zen: 2
    Taian: 1

Total votes: 3 of 7
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rhothaerill; October 10, 2003, 17:44.

Here I go...
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Ahem...

Would anyone like to name our elite* Horseman?

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Dean

Comment

Dean the 1st! ("the" is optional).
          Naming "*" units with sequential numbers is how I track the number of Leaders I get.

Comment

It's actually quite a dilemna... I don't know what to do with it.

Wait a sec... WTF am I talking about... this is ME!

Domination team, may I introduce you to your first ARMY!!!

Comment

550 BC:

Wow, this really was well-played, Beta.

My only complaint is military... you've got forces spread out in little teams, whereas I prefer fewer and larger stacks.

No problem, though. I took a chance on the single Sword at Satsuma, and captured it without a scratch.

Changed the two camps to Settlers... Temples for camps?? Oh, also, we definitely need more Workers.

530 BC:

Took Osaka.

470 BC:

Monarchy to Carthage for WM, Lit, and 60 g.

Start GLib in Mecca as pre-build for a Market.

With 3 GWs to choose from, change Basra to Colossus.

450 BC:

Kyoto builds Colossus. Change Basra back to Harbor.

Oh, and look, I've got 6 Horse ready to attack Kyoto!

Down goes Kyoto, at the cost of two Horse... and the GLight too!! WOOHOO!!

330 BC:

Tokyo captured.

290 BC:

Currency finished. Timing for Mecca is dead on... Market in one turn. I convert some other high pop cities to Markets as well.

270 BC:

Damn... Galley suicide.

I take down the second-to-last Japanese city... and GET A GL!! WOO HOO!! I send it back to the core... not sure what to do with it. Whaddya think... ARMY!!

250 BC:

Abandoned the camps.

Peace with Japan for 39g... not much but enough for an Arrian Deception. The fastmovers head for America.

230 BC:

Shiraz built at the chokepoint.

190 BC:

An American Spear/Settler pair shows up near the fur colony. This will not do... BOP.

130 BC:

Carthage is actually useful, and reseaches Construction one turn before I do... I trade Currency for that, 11g, WM, and contact with the Germans!

Bizzy-markie is a chump, waaay behind. I trade Mysticism for WM and 40 gold.

Spices, yum yum.

110 BC:

Didn't think that the last Japanese city would have the Palace and thus be generating culture... I refuse to leave, and declare war.

Japan and America must be wiped out ASAP for the Deception.

90 BC:

Chicago is captured... only Seattle remains. The Japanese are destroyed. I am getting sort of frantic about barb camps, as I will soon change ages.

I am also undertaking a massive Settler prorgram.

50 BC:

I seem to have gotten through the age change without a barb horde. Do barbs appear after the ancient era?

/me thinks of late game razing of vast swathes of land.

Uh, yup, they do.

I gift Polytheism to Germany.

10 BC:

America is destroyed.

Deception completed, with both Carthage and Germany polite.

30 AD:

Damn! Another Galley suicides.

Code of Laws and Currency to Germany for silks.

50 AD:

Nothing special happened.
              Attached Files

Comment

I actually haven't built that many more units.
                Attached Files

Comment

There's my baby!
                  Attached Files

Comment

F11:
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am going to be way late on this one. Maybe Thursday.

Stupid RL.
                      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Not much going on for the first turn. The forces massed outside of Osaka start to descend on it. In 530BC, the first wave hits it. Lost one horse and took the city intact. I'm of the mind to build up for one final push at them, using Osaka as a staging point. To that end, in 530BC, a peace treaty was struck that saw Kagoshima, 3 workers, 25 gold and the Japanese world map come to the Arabs. I went for Kagoshima since we have a spearman up there already who can garrison.

It's now 450BC. I really want to try and contact the other continent, and I'm thinking the Great Lighthouse would help that along. I know breaking treaties isn't a great idea (sometimes)...but I'm going to anyway. Kyoto is going down.. Satsuma razed in 410BC.

In 370BC, after repeated attacks, Cecil, one of our archers, struck the deciding blow that toppled Kyoto. As a pleasant side effect, the Great Lighthouse and the Collossus are now in Arab hands. Here's looking for those overseas contacts... Contact with Carthage shows them to have Literature. Trade Monarchy for Lit, 73 gold and their map.

Shoot...forgot about the AU mod only letting galleys go 2 squares in ocean. Lost him up north
                        Mansura founded in 330BC. Bukhara founded later that same year.

Currency discovered in 330BC. Philosopy in 4 turns.. In 310BC, a peace treaty struck between Japan and Arabia. Nara, 26 gold and the Japanese world map are not in Arab hands. Very next turn, moved 5 horse near Tokyo....war again Lost one of the horse to a Japanese horse, but in 270BC, Tokyo fell to the remaining 4 horsemen (four horsemen of the Apocalypse?..) Ladies and Gentlemen, the Japanese have left the building...

Aleppo founded in 270BC. Fez founded in 250BC. Philosophy discovered. Have the option of construction or Republic...Construction it is..in 11 turns. Shiraz founded in 230BC. Merw founded in 210BC. Balkh founded in 150BC.

It's now 130BC and the final step in this part of the Deception is beginning. Americans have 3 cities, with a settler on his way for a fourth. BONK! No more settler on his way for a fourth That same year, Seattle fell to Arab horsemen. Chicago fell to the Arabs in 90BC, leaving only San Francisco in American hands. Later that year, it too fell and was razed by the Arab forces. Operation Deceive and Conquer is a success!

Contacted Carthage...currently Cautious. They've contacted the Germans...fancy that. Trade Carthage Philosophy in exchange for that contact. Trade Bizzy Mysticism and Literature for 75 gold and his world map.

Mosul founded in 70BC. Aydab founded in 70BC. Bayt Ras founded in 70BC. Suhar founded in 50BC.

Construction discovered in 50BC...the Arabs are into the Middle Ages! Feudalism in 13 turns.

In 10AD, the Captain of the HSS Mecca made contact with a new continent. The people were from a civilization called "Mordor". These people were more advanced than the lowly Arabs, having knowledge of both Feudalism and Engineering. I'm not really wanting to give up the Carthage and German contacts yet, so no deals struck. However, a deal was struck with Bismarck, seeing Silks, 3 gold and his world map go to Arabia in exchange for currency.

The Captain of the Mecca, still in the exploring mood, stumbles across a city called Jaipur. While purchasing much needed supplies, he also managed to negotiate a deal with the native people, the Indians. In exchange for Currency, he received contact with the Babylonians and 26 gold. Taif founded in 30AD.

So ends this saga of the Arab people.

Summary:

33 cities.
                        20 horsemen, 6 swordsmen, 16 spearmen, 6 archers, 3 galleys (more on the way), 12 warriors.
                        28 native workers and 15 foreign workers.
                        Contact with all civs.
                        479 gold in the treasury, Feudalism in 11 turns and +31 gpt. Should have a bunch ready once Chivalry is known to upgrade to Ansars.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Taian; October 10, 2003, 18:21.
                        Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Comment

Sorry, still won't be able to play this block... I will be back next week for more...!

Stupid RL and it's lab reports... RL should be banned from existing...!

--Kon--
                          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Due to poly's image and attachment troubles I cannot download the save. :-(

If the AU guys would be willing to give an extension until poly's troubles are fixed I would really appreciate it. If not I guess you can skip me for this round. Sorry guys.

I also think an extention would be good because likewise I won't be able to download the saves of the team I'm supposed to review, or view their attachments.
                            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Master Zen, that's simply soluble using email. I have your address and could easily send you either this save or any for review.

Comment

Working...
                              X