This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: PinkyGen's Basic Laws

This poll is intended to accept or regret the Basic Laws suggested by PinkyGen (good work ). The poll has a timer of 48 hours. If after that time the laws are supported, we'll call for a Knesset election.

Here are the laws

PinkyGen said:

Basic Laws: Part 1. What is needed for immediate elections. This will be posted and voted upon.

I. Government Structure.

Minister Posts:
    1. Prime Minister:
    2. President:
    3. Defence Minister
    4. Immigration Minister
    5. Economic Minister

1. Prime Minister: Elected by the knesset. Head of the Government, overall in charge of making sure everything works smoothly. In charge of setting general goals of the Government, and the overall strategic course of the war. PM's Government collapses if 3 out of 5 knesset members have a vote of no confidence in the Government, and new elections are then held.

2. President: Either elected out of the Knesset or by possible vote, will be determined in Basic Laws II.

The President would be a third moderator for the forum, would substitute for any missing players and coordinate efforts between the various departments. The President could also "make laws" so to speak if different jobs apparently overlapped, though it is ultimately the PM's responsibility to adjugate disputes between Ministers

3. Defense-Interior Minister: In charge of all construction, unit or infrastructure in all cities. Responsible for deciding where immigrants are settled (disbanded), in consultation with Immigrant Minister if that post is filled. Selected by the PM.

4. Economic Minister: In charge of tax, luxury, and science rates. Approves all rush buy requests from the Defense Minister.

5. Immigrant Minister: In charge of moving the immigrants to the newly established state. The PM has the authority if need be to delegate this post to another minister, or to assign immigrants to the direct control of Front Commanders

It is preferable that minister's first be selected from the knesset out of the members in the Governing Coalition. There can be more Minister positions than the possible knesset pool can fill, especially if the coalition is small, so Minister's can be selected from the general populace.

However, the Prime Minister must be selected from the Knesset.
    II. Military Structure

IDF
    Generals only command troops, no cities and no zion workers unless specially worked out with the Defense Minister. Cannot be in the Knesset

Positions:
    1. Chief of Staff:
    2. Northern Front - Golan Heights and Lebanon
    3. Judean Front - Haifa to Netanyah to Jerico to Tiberius
    4. Jerusalem\South East Front - West Jerusalem to Eilat (stretching along the border with Jordan)
    5. Gaza Front - Ashdod, Gevaram, Tekumah

1. Chief of Staff: Selected by the PM. Appoints the Front Commanders. In charge of the management of the army, and the assignement of troops. In charge of moving troops not yet assigned to a front. In charge of actual war operations. Colloborates the PM in setting war aims. Designates Fronts, and there area of responsibility. (so the above 4 fronts are only suggestions, and the Chief of Staff may change these.)

2. Front Commanders: Appointed by Chief of Staff. In charge of all troops in their area of responsibility assigned by Chief of Staff.

III. The Knesset:

A. Elections:
    The knesset is organized by party, and consists of a total of five seats. Parties are elected to the knesset, not individuals. It is the party that wins seats.
    When a party wins a seat, the actual knesset seat is filled by whomever is number one on the Party List during that election. If a party wins a second seat, then that seat is filled by the number 2 on the party list. And so on.
    Party Lists must be finalized before elections begin! (no altering the list 1 hour before the polls close).

B. The election math. (copied straight from Emu, taken from the real Israeli Knesset site, and un-edited because I don't do math at 12:45 in the morning)

Ok, I've read the Knesset's Laws (thank you for the links, panag), and the system is good. The total amount of votes is divided between the number of seats. Let's say that there are 20 votes and 5 seats, so we have 4 votes per seat.

And let's say that we have three parties:

A-> 8 votes
    B-> 7 votes
    C-> 5 votes

First of all, only entire seats are given to the parties: A will get 2 seat, B and C one seat. After that, the excess seat is given to B, because B got more votes than C. If there will be more than one free seat, the first will go for B, the next for C, etc. and so on.

C. If need be, the Knesset can be expanded, but this would require a referendum.

IV: Reservations.

Nothing in this text should be construed as to prevent the formation of more posts. For example, even though Deputy Ministers are not mentioned, they would be allowed since this doesn't ban it. Furthermore, other Minister's, such as Mossad or Propoganda (newspapers) can be set up if the government so wishes.
    This is a Democracy Game, and we want EVERYONE who wants a position to be able to get one.
    Yes, of course
    81.82%
    No, no way
    9.09%
    Zionist banana
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by yaroslav; October 2, 2003, 17:40.
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

I've voted for yes

(and make this thread 'sticky, for better visibility )

Comment

censored
      Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003, 22:49.
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Let's see, how I should vote, how I should vote, I wonder...

I of course voted yes. However, I'm confused on what you mean by "President" election? I thought if this was approved we were going to enter into knesset election right away? I hope we can have a seperate vote for President at the same time, but I assume that when this is approved we'll start the knesset election poll.
        David Disraeli
        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Ok, sorry, you're rigth. Edited

Comment

Editing after the poll begins? Scandalous!

I reccommend everyone vote for it, numerous people have worked very hard on this to get it just right

Comment

Wait until I edit the elections poll

Opppss - I discover my secret plot to be Knesset member

The edit was a minor, minor thing (President for Knesset) And I know you were kidding

Comment

Thanks Yaro, it was a minor edit, but it confused me.

And hey, if anyone gets elected instead of a One Israel, I hope its you. (Especially compared to those hippies. )
                David Disraeli
                Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

It's unanimous!

(So far at least)

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                    Wait until I edit the elections poll

Opppss - I discover my secret plot to be Knesset member

The edit was a minor, minor thing (President for Knesset) And I know you were kidding
                    Try editing that poll and tell me what happens

Comment

Better not, H Tower, better not

Comment

Why not? It's not like you're able to edit it, and I wanted to show you that.

Comment

Ok. I tried and I can't edit it. Are you happy?

Let's stop kidding and let the people vote in! There is now only 24 hours to vote!

BTW, is Zionist Banana the correct way of displaying Banana in our polls?

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                            BTW, is Zionist Banana the correct way of displaying Banana in our polls?
                            The exact form of the Banana option is not important. The important thing is to give us some sort of banana option.
                            Well done Yaro, and I ALMOST voted banana!
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                            X