iMatchup.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMatchup.com

So I browse 'poly today, and suddenly, I get a pop-up from this foxy number, Brunette79. Apparently, some chat software was installed without me knowing it! But at that point I didn't care (she looks really fit, though she has the eyes of a volture ), and pressed the 'Talk to her' button.

Guess what? a pop-up appears! an advertisement for some site. I quickly move to close it, to type my answer to that brunette chick. guess what? it don't type!!!! It seems that this POS IM is broken, since it keeps displaying her last message all the time over and over again.

Dan, Markos, WTF is up?
    urgh.NSFW

I bet it's not an IM at all, just some clever advertisement that should make you think it is and go to their website...
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      I bet it's not an IM at all, just some clever advertisement that should make you think it is and go to their website...
      Yes, I think I've seen what Azazel is referring to myself. That's sooo obviously an ad...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

*laud laughter*

Why the feck did you click the "Talk to her" button if you knew it was a pop-up and you think she had eyes of a vulture? That needy you couldn't resist?

First of all it's not any form of IM software, you nitwit. It's a pop-up advert which just happen to be designed that sneaky that it lured you to do exactly what the advretiser wanted you to do. Congrats!

Ming, you happen to have designed recently an ad campaign like that, because sure sounds very devilish in a "Mingish" way?
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

wtf? an ad? but it has a panel on top! It's a program in windows!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Screenshot, please. And are you sure it happen while using ACS? MSIE, right?
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Also I suggest you perform system scans for any malware as one of the two popular programs (Lavasoft Ad-aware and Spybot S&D) most likely recognise it, if it happens to be malware.

Thank goodness that can't happen to me with Lavasoft Ad-aware 6 Professional and its Ad-watch which would have blocked it.

Comment

There's so much sarcasm dripping from this thread that it's hard to sort out which of the responses to Azazel are metasarcasm and which are not
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka
                  Screenshot, please. And are you sure it happen while using ACS? MSIE, right?
                  She doesn't send any more messages.. Probably because I couldn't answer her because of that stupid program.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I just closed a iMatchup ad. It is an ad alright. Not that I need to talk to her either.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Man, that chick's a skank. She IMed me, too. You're better off without her. You need to drop that zero and pick yoself up a hero.

Comment

Hey don't hate the player, hate the game.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Okay, Azazel.

It was pretty ibvious that it was a joke all along. But that doesn't matter because it was a good one

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I was really amused to see the people not getting that this was a joke.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X