Roleplay Team Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplay Team Situation

I was probably out-of-line with my comment about RP in the ISDG and the consul discussion, but Arnelos's comments about Legoland (and me too of course ) have me really steamed...

Personally I think that RP has the strange opinion that they have a chance of surviving in this PTWDG1 game - and I wonder if it is time to inform them that they have no chance at all of surviving....

Sorry but Arnelos was one of the few RP members that I had still respected before his comments there - and the point was re the consuls that 2 of them BigFree and MrWIA plus the foreign minister Togas are RPers - and major leaders of the RP team ....

In other words I now favor actively joining the war against RP or at least openly cancelling our NAP with them...

Sorry that was me a bit frustrated there...

Still I for one am getting more than a little angry at the barbed comments about Legoland doing nothing and how easy our situation is etc.

And I am frustrated at the still arrogant nature of the RP team how they think that they have a chance to not only survive but thrive!

Comment

Steve,

For once, I guess I very well know how you feel and what RP comments make you feel like. Trust me, I feel the same. Or almost the same . And even if it really was probably better to not comment, I'm not going to scold you off here (not that I would feel I'd have an authority to).

Something I have learned in my public "debates" with both GS and RP members: NONE OF THEM IS WILLING TO ADMIT THEY WERE/ARE MAKING MISTAKES.

As simple as that.

No matter how honest you try to be with them, no matter how civil you are, you are never going to achieve anything by telling them about their mistakes. They are 100% sure it was not them doing the wrong stuff. (You would not believe Togas' extremely bitter reaction to my honestly meant post in the ISDG forum some time ago - aside from the response in the thread, I even got a PM from him).

So, let's leave them believe that, while doing our best to ensure their demise.

We have nothing to gain by publicly declaring our side. Keep in mind that it is about the king (GS), not about the pawn (RP). Let's keep everything under cover - the blow will only be harder when it comes. So far, I believe our diplomacy has been - despite others claiming Lego not really having any opportunity to do any diplomacy, successfull or not - extremely successful in getting us what we want(ed) without others actually getting even to know what it was we actually wanted.

Our pretended neutrality and isolationism works like a charm. I think many might be very surprised when they find out how thing actually were and what role Lego played in this whole game.

Let's be patient and keep our face of a poker player.

not sure if there is a saying like that in English
      He who laughs last, laughs most.

Comment

Very good points Vondrack ! and you are quite right !

Yeah, I admit that I was wrong in making that comment and yes I saw that earlier ISDG thread re RP diplomacy and the vicious reactions of the RP team to it (and their success in getting the thread closed !)

As you say the blow will only be harder when it comes... and the more satisfying ...

Yeah, I know that our stealth cover is still very advantageous for us now and that we shouldn't give it up - but I think even you have to admit that it would feel SO GOOD to poke back at RP in public wouldn't it

Yeah, even in that ISDG thread, Togas is extremely arrogant - I just can't explain WHY they are so arrogant, it just doesn't make any sense...

Comment

Arnelos' first post was fairly restrained as PTWDG discussion goes, but I can't believe his second one either. "You haven't been challenged yet in the PTWDG, therefore you suck. Now that I've gotten my insult in, let's be civilized."

Originally posted by vondrack
          Something I have learned in my public "debates" with both GS and RP members: NONE OF THEM IS WILLING TO ADMIT THEY WERE/ARE MAKING MISTAKES.
          I wouldn't say none. GS seems willing to admit they make mistakes; RP... I don't think any discussion of RP's history has been calm and flameless enough to debate the actual play.

Let's be patient and keep our face of a poker player.

not sure if there is a saying like that in English
          Yep, let's keep our poker face for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
            I wouldn't say none. GS seems willing to admit they make mistakes; RP... I don't think any discussion of RP's history has been calm and flameless enough to debate the actual play.
            Perhaps that's true. A more accurate statement would have been that neither GS nor RP were willing to admit it was their mistakes drawing them into a war (RP) or into an isolation (in the GS-Vox war).

Comment

Being somewhat bored and without new posts to look at, I clicked on the "Who am I a buddy of?" link

(too bad there isn't a "who has me on his ignore list" link )

Anyway, to my biggest shock, I am on Arnelos' buddy list?! What gives? Did this happen to anyone else? Is Arnelos trying to be friendly with Lego or accidentally I've said something he liked? AFAIK I've never exchanged a word with Arnelos.

It must be an accident
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

Arnelos has me on his list too, but it could be for other reasons (we're on the same team in the MZO Diplomacy DG).

Could be he decided to just add the Lego team.

Comment

Working...
                X