Any word...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word...?

...on any of the new editor features? I'm dying to hear what I'll be able to come up with for my mod. Does anyone have any clues as to what we might expect? Any hints from Firaxis?

So far all we know is that any features available in the official Conquest scenarios will be moddable by users.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

unfortunately there hasn't been a lot said about the editor. It would be great if someone from Atari could stop by and give us some info and maybe a few screens.

I want to know:

Can we add terrains?
      Can we add eras?
      Can we name parts of the map (like in SMAC)?
      Can we edit the power of nuclear weapons?
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

My guess is no on all accounts.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I want to know if we can add worker jobs...
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I don't think the editor has all the kinks worked out yet. That could be why we haven't heard much.

Comment

The editor was used to make all the Conquests included. If a feature hasn't been advertised as being in a scenario, it likely isn't in the editor.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                I don't think the editor has all the kinks worked out yet. That could be why we haven't heard much.
                Of course it's finished. It's less than a month before release date, all the disks have been burned and packaged already. Any further changes will be dealt with in a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                  I want to know if we can add worker jobs...
                  yeah, worker jobs... it's really annoying not being able to terraform like engineers could in civ2. i've been asking for this editability feature ever since 1.06f.

Can we add terrains?
                  Can we add eras?
                  Can we name parts of the map (like in SMAC)?
                  Can we edit the power of nuclear weapons?
                  no to all, i guess. (maybe adding eras)

new terrain would mean the graphics would have to be changed (e.g. if you add wasteland, you'd have to create files for it bordering to grassland, plains, desert, coast and tundra)
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Of course it's finished. It's less than a month before release date, all the disks have been burned and packaged already. Any further changes will be dealt with in a patch.
                    As of a week ago there were still bugs with the editor.....

Comment

I doubt that it is finished. If it was totally finished and ready to go then what would be the real point of waiting longer to release it? They are probably working out the last of the problems.

new terrain would mean the graphics would have to be changed (e.g. if you add wasteland, you'd have to create files for it bordering to grassland, plains, desert, coast and tundra)
                      Yep, and although it would be a pain it would still be worth it.
                      For your photo needs:
                      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

what would be the real point of waiting longer to release it?

Waiting for a holiday maybe, people tend to spend more ...
                        -
                        Shouldn't take a month either though to burn and package/deliver..
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Right now I would be happy if the editor had no bugs. More options for the editor are secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Funny, I hadn't heard that it had gone gold. Which I seriously doubt it has, or there'ld be news about it around here pretty fast.

Just because its less than a month from the announced and planned release date, doesn't mean it's already in the disk-production and packaging stage. If they've still got show-stopper bugs showing up, it could easily get delayed a month or more. I doubt that will happen, but you never know. And around here, most release dates get taken with a serious grain of salt until they actually tell us it's gone gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik

If it was totally finished and ready to go then what would be the real point of waiting longer to release it?
                              Are you saying that the release date has been delayed? Last I heard, it was supposed to be on the shelves Oct. 27, at least in this part of the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X