No announcement yet.

This whole toxic mold scare is bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a conspiracy by lawyers to make more money.

lawyers are ruining our country.

And even if toxic mold health problems exist, which they don't, it is mostly their own fault for being ignorant and fixing their plumbing. Dumbasses see water dripping on untreated wood and think nothing of it.

Comment

"Do Skittles cause VD? Tonight at ten!"

Comment

Let's see, someone who lives in a desert doesn't believe mold exists . . .

Why don't you spend a few years here in Florida and see how you change your tune. We are the mold capital of the US.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Are you sure? I checked the other day and the house my apartment is in was first on the list.

Comment

I believe it can but only in very specific circumstances. If you open up your windows at all the fresh air will help. This is another example of an industry portraying an extremely rare event as common because they benefit from the mass hysteria.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's actually quite common in Florida these days.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Almost never happens her in California, at least not that I've heard. Even in the northern part of the state where it rains all the time people still rutinely open the windows to let fresh air in. In the south I doubt there is enough moisture in the air for mold to grow.

(Of course I say that as I look out the window into thick coastal fog)

Comment

Mold in the Central Valley is quite common, Oerdin. Especially in the areas with lots of Ag in the form of vines.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Mold is common all over the world. Just that in many cases you cannot see it initially if you aren't looking for the signs.

I guarantee you if you looked into all the bathrooms in the US, 90% of them will have mold somewhere. Whether it is a large amount or small amount is due to what people do to clean bathrooms. Mold is definitely growing beneath the sheetrock above your shower insert or behind the faucet handles , shower head blah blah.

After a shower, you should always wipe dry the walls of the shower and your bathroom walls. Have a vented ceiling fan on while showering, and clean it once a month.

Basements are also highly susceptible to mold. Usually the basement is much cooler and has a higher humidity than the upstairs living quarters. It is a good idea to keep a dehumidifier on , in the basement.

Mold can be controlled, and you definitely want to keep it out of getting into your air duct system... heating and air vents.... so as to not constantly spit the spores back out into the air that you are breathing.

Mold is everywhere.... North South East West... humid dry..... don't be fooled.

But it is not the end of the world either... it just can screw your home up and get you sick... like many other things around in life.

Dissident is my AE. :P

Comment

The actually toxic balck mold, stachio-botrys (sp?) is somewhat rare. Most balck mold infestations are actually aspergelus (sp?) which is not toxic, but is a common allergen.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        Mold in the Central Valley is quite common, Oerdin. Especially in the areas with lots of Ag in the form of vines.
                        I didn't know that. Is it caused by the constant watering the Ag industry does?

Comment

Watering/Irrigation causes a lot of mold and mildew especially when irrigating with stagnant water in 100+ temperatures. It's why they have to dust the crops (Sulfur)... My father-in-law has a vineyard (only about 40 acres) and my brother-in-law is allergic to mold and reacts whenever he vists, he pretty much grew up with a head cold from living their.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

(...) in the US as the large portion of the population that's physically inactive and has a crap diet. General poor health makes people susceptible to just about anything, but we don't have those people die off anymore.

Thank heavens, or OT would be a mighty quiet place.

Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              Let's see, someone who lives in a desert doesn't believe mold exists . . .

Why don't you spend a few years here in Florida and see how you change your tune. We are the mold capital of the US.
                              I lived in Mississippi.

That puts your puny Florida humidity to shame. Move to a real state

Comment

If you wanted him to move to a real state why did you offer Mississippi?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X