The Unit's Best Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unit's Best Color

I have had several opinions of a completely inane subject -- your team's color and how it best compliments your units. I mean is it just me or does PINK not seem to suit an artillery piece?

My vote for "best match of color to unit" goes to grey, which is usually Indian, matching to the BATTLESHIP. Really this color goes with any modern ship, but it especially menacing on the Drednought!!!
    Haven't been here for ages....

I guess I see what you mean Shogun Gunner, ... but to what purpose? Quite franky, I don't see a point to assigning units their "best" color, so in turn, I guess I don't see the point of this thread...

Comment

Black looks good with a lot of the units. Especially the Impi.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Pink musketeers (frenc UU) are SOOOO gay

Especially whan they do their funny little promotion laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
          Pink musketeers (frenc UU) are SOOOO gay

Especially whan they do their funny little promotion laugh.
          Very true! Its almost like the designers of the game picked pink on purpose for the French!

Comment

Mm. Blue or dark blue suits French better, and that's what I choose when playing them. But, I agree that units should look like what they are in real world, and not some funny colored pieces moving around. Many people have suggested before using national flags with units, somehow like with cities, but i don't know how well this would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazell
              Mm. Blue or dark blue suits French better, and that's what I choose when playing them. But, I agree that units should look like what they are in real world, and not some funny colored pieces moving around. Many people have suggested before using national flags with units, somehow like with cities, but i don't know how well this would work.
              Just as well as in civ2

Comment

Very true! Its almost like the designers of the game picked pink on purpose for the French!
                Arabia often comes up pink as well. Draw your own conclusions.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I found france is the TRUE pink while arabia is like a quasi-, diet pink. i usually make myself black.
                  I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

The Impi look cool with that sky blue American color
                    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Are you changing your color in the editor? If not, please enlighten me as to where.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                        Are you changing your color in the editor? If not, please enlighten me as to where.
                        The editor is the only way to change a civ's color.

Comment

That's what I thought, thanks.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                            That's what I thought, thanks.
                            Another good example....

Solomwi's stealth bomber with blue trim. Very cool.

Comment

I'll go for modern armor with Carthage brown (at lest Carthage is sometimes brown). Brown could actually be part of a tank's chamo scheme.
                              "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X