Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watch the series premiere of "Threat Matrix"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch the series premiere of "Threat Matrix"?

ABC has a brand new show called "Threat Matrix" about an elite task force that seeks out terrorist threats to the US.

Tonight was the series premiere about an Al Queda suicide bomber that tries to blow up the Chicago Stock Exchange.

It was a phenomenal episode. It will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end, the plot is so intense, it never lets up.

This show absolutely ROCKS.

Don't miss the rerun this sunday at 8/7c on ABC!
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

nah, I'm sick of these stupid national security shows... I saw Jake 2.0 on UPN, where some dork gets nanites stuck in him and is now a secret agent for the NSA. These dopes didn't even bother to learn that the NSA just handles electronic intercepts and communication.

24 is good... I wasn't big on it at first, but I watch about 12 hours of it during FX's 24 /24 hour marathon a few weeks ago. I'll watch the second season.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Real innovative title. I see they went out of their way to include a popular movie name in it, too bad they couldn't think of some way for it to make sense or sound good.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I saw mention of this, and thought it WAS some Matrix garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          nah, I'm sick of these stupid national security shows... I saw Jake 2.0 on UPN, where some dork gets nanites stuck in him and is now a secret agent for the NSA. These dopes didn't even bother to learn that the NSA just handles electronic intercepts and communication.
          "Threat Matrix" is a lot more like "24" than "Jake 2.0". At least, watch the premiere ep and judge for yourself. What do you have to lose?
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

What do you have to lose?
            another hour of my pathetic life...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I missed it (thought shows started next week) but I'll make sure to watch the repeat.

How does it compare to The Agency or MI-5?
              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Edan
                I missed it (thought shows started next week) but I'll make sure to watch the repeat.

How does it compare to The Agency or MI-5?
                I've never seen MI-5 so I can't say. My guess is that it is probably fairly similar. This ep of Threat Matrix was fast paced, and pretty intense at times. There was a lot of info gathering and putting clues together, intermixed with some action sequences like chasing the bad guys.

Comment

No, i don;t watch any of these shows at all (really don;t watch any network dramas besides Law and Order's). I prefer my Sci Fi more Futuristic. can't wait t to be able to afford the first 3 seasons of B5 on DVD.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I watched the repeat, here are some of my thoughts:

It seemed like someone had taken a 90 minute script and turned it into a 50 minute script. The plot was good, but nothing I hadn't seen before. The characterization was poo r- honestly, I couldn't name or describe most of the main characters by the end of the show, even less have any feeling for any of them. The camera work and special effect were too showy, IMO.

The ex-wife subplot didn't get any chance to develop, and might have been better removed, but it was also the only part of the episode where the "Good Guys"(tm) didn't have things go smoothly and perfectly. And there was too much of an emphasis on technological rather than human intelligence.

Still, I enjoyed it - I would rather have a third season of The Agency, but hopefully future episodes of this show will give it a chance to undo the negatives. OTOH, it won't last to the end of the season, given it's competition.
                    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

24 is good... I wasn't big on it at first, but I watch about 12 hours of it during FX's 24 /24 hour marathon a few weeks ago. I'll watch the second season.
                      Just one thing. This new season of 24 is its third not second. I love that show too.
                      Donate to the American Red Cross.
                      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Re: Anyone watch the series premiere of "Threat Matrix"?

Originally posted by The diplomat
                        ABC has a brand new show called "Threat Matrix" about an elite task force that seeks out terrorist threats to the US.

Tonight was the series premiere about an Al Queda suicide bomber that tries to blow up the Chicago Stock Exchange.

It was a phenomenal episode. It will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end, the plot is so intense, it never lets up.

This show absolutely ROCKS.

Don't miss the rerun this sunday at 8/7c on ABC!
                        I dont want to watch this show. ABC does not have very good shows about spies. They have ruined Alias, and I dont feel like watch ABC mess up anther one. Anther thing I dont like about it is that their is no "Threat Matrix" and I doubt Congress would allow a group like this to go around the country doing what ever they wanted to catch terrorist. Most of counter terrorist work in US is done by the FBI. The CIA does collects intelligence it does not send agents out in the flied to hunt terrorist, that is not their mission.
                        Donate to the American Red Cross.
                        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Wasn't Bush supposed to merge the FBI and the CIA into some other crappy abbreviation?
                          be free

Comment

Working...
                          X