Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to sort posters by the number of referals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to sort posters by the number of referals?

Well, I just realized that I have 60 referals (last time I checked they were 13 IIRC), and I would like to se if anyone beats me.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

60 DLs
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I didn't think anyone used the referals.

Comment

I put it in my readme files, and in links from C3MT...

Comment

And you only have 60? Shame on you.

Comment

How do you get referrals?
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              And you only have 60? Shame on you.
              Well, most users using C3MT either find it here and registers+downloads it (which doesn't give me referals) or already is registered.

The one that gives me referals are the ones already hading my tool, and are going to Apolyton by the URLs in the readme files or the aboutbox, or by the new version available popup.

Which mean that they must have obtained the tool on another site before finding Apolyton. And that's a hard thing to do

Comment

You add

From the FAQ:
                The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.
                You gain referrals by promoting Apolyton CS Forums using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

Each time someone follows this link to Apolyton CS Forums and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.
                You administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Apolyton CS Forums by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

Simply what you shall do is to add &referrerid=userid to any forum URL.

(There seems to be an error with the FAQ, as the links there suggest that I'm MarkG... )

Comment

Oh, and BTW, I just checked again, and now they are 62.

Comment

So erm......have you won anything??

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                      So erm......have you won anything??

Asmodean
                      No.

I don't think there is any bonus system connected to it on Poly, but I would like to see a top 20 refferers an the memberlist... And maybe some other stats as well. (Maybe a movement bonus or something )

Comment

Thinking of it I think there shouls be two kind of bonuses. One based on the number of referals you have, and one based on the number of posts your referals have. I belive that My referrals doesn't post mush, as they have gotten here to download a tool. When othere peoples referals might be posting more if they are requited by a man-to-man conversation.

Comment

How do you find out what your userid is?

Comment

I've referred dozens of people to Apolyton, but I never use the referral option -- for most people apolyton.net is hard enough to remember as it is...

GhengisFarb,
                            Check the URL when you open your profile.
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks, Locutus.

Comment

Working...
                              X