Medicine that messes with my brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicine that messes with my brain

Sorry for the following complaint aimed at the world in general and at psyciatric drugs specifically. You don't have to read it.

Apparently I have some sort of minor disorder that causes the odd mood swing, so a doctor prescribed me some pills to take that are supposed to stabilise that AND help me with insomnia.
    I've been trying to fall asleep for the last three hours after waking up from a sleep induced by this pill that lasted about two hours. When I woke up my muscles were so "relaxed" I couldn't use them for some ten minutes and I'm still weak.
    I've also got a headache and I'm nauseous. Although that might be because I've only smoked 3 cigarettes this week instead of ~60-70.

What should I do? Do you think that it will keep being this ****ty or will the drug stop being annoying after I get used to it? Bah. I feel stupid posting this.
    Brought to you by Firelad, AKA King of the Fairies

You should talk to the doctor. What's the medicine? You should look it up to see if it causes those kind of side effects.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

People react differently to different meds. Tell your doctor ASAP and see if he will change the dosage or find an alternative medication.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

And above all else, you should get medical advice from perfect strangers who know nothing about medicine (just like in the Assyrian empire days).
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

On the bright side you somked only 3 cigarrettes instead of 60-70.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Che(2nd post): Yea, you're right! But you know, nothing better to do in the middle of the night than complain and read rather useless replies
            Does my ego good (Or something)

Comment

Seriously though, look up the medicine on the internet, and see if that's what's causing the problem. I started on a new asthma mediation which worked fantascially. I didn't have to use my inhaler all day . . . but I was so, so tired all the time. Turns out there's a slight incidence of insomnia, so I stopped taking it until I can talk with my doctor. The other medicine I was given, however, doesn't have those kinda side effects, so I haven't stopped taking it. I'm much more rested now (though it's a little harder to breathe).

Comment

Is it by chance Welbutrin?

:ack: ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

What is the med? I know a lot about this crap.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    What is the med? I know a lot about this crap.
                    Yeah, I always figured you were on lots of them.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Japher: Are you sure?

Seroxat

Comment

@Boris... You know I make lots of them.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Does John Ashcroft know?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Firelad
                            Japher: Are you sure?

Seroxat
                            That's probably the local brand name. Can you give us the generic name?
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

each tablet contains 20 mg paroxetine present as the hydrochloride

Comment

Working...
                              X