No announcement yet.

New Political Party: One Israel!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me questions the Jewish credentials of El Awrence.

How can we trust such a man in the Knesset?

This is a typical liberal ploy
    Make up your mind. Are we liberals or conservatives?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think he's maybe referring to the first exile, after the neo-Babylonians destroyed the first temple.

Nevertheless, Emu is largely correct, theologically speaking. If we wish to be a rightist war mongers, we must find another cause.
      David Disraeli
      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

censored
        Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003, 23:27.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Why else would you spend all this time at our thread?
          It's like a car accident. The spectacle cannot be ignored.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGen
            I don't think the complaint is that we are insulting each other in "character", but that they are essentially coming over to our thread, and thus into party headquarters, to "badmouth" us.
            You read my mind
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by EmuGod
              Judaism's attitude to those who do not understand it (pagans, Christians etc.) is one of indifference. We don't care if they believe in God or judaism or not. It does not matter. Secondly, Judaism is not a religion based on blind faith but rather on the doing of mitzvot. Thirdly, during the Roman exile the Talmud was written in Babylon (500 CE) and Jews were doing rather well there.
              That is not entirely true. Maimonides said that there were two types of war that a Jewish nation could engage in that the government could legally, according to the Torah, impose universal conscription, a war to defend the country (even with pre-emptive strikes), or to expand the territory at the expense of Gentiles. He also said that if the inhabitants of the city were monotheistic, that the army could not require them to convert to Judaism but must simply stop at making that city part of the Jewish nation (this is the part that applies to Muslims and Christians alone). However, if the people were not montheistic, they must either convert, or be killed.

Also, I am assuming this is just a mistake, you mixed up the Babylonian exile and the Roman exile.
              Vote Democrat
              Support Democracy

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

They live here as well, what gives us the right to take what they have?
                hi ,

stealing from a thief your own goods back , ........

have a nice day

panag bribes a nomad to take a shot at ht , ......

his increasingly revolting attitude is a danger to our state and party , .......
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

See See, I told you he was a closet conservative!!!!!!!!
                  remember when we talked about my quoting problem? It's time to talk about yours

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

stealing from a thief your own goods back , ........

have a nice day
                    prove that. If you abandon a territory and someone else moves in, that is NOT stealing.

panag bribes a nomad to take a shot at ht , ......

his increasingly revolting attitude is a danger to our state and party , .......
                    I officially request the leader of the One Israel Party censure this member based upon the grounds that his attempts at violence against a fellow Jew would throw our nation into complete dissarray. Strong words and heated arguement is one thing, attempted assasination is a completely different thing

Comment

• Originally posted by POTUS

That is not entirely true. Maimonides said that there were two types of war that a Jewish nation could engage in that the government could legally, according to the Torah, impose universal conscription, a war to defend the country (even with pre-emptive strikes), or to expand the territory at the expense of Gentiles. He also said that if the inhabitants of the city were monotheistic, that the army could not require them to convert to Judaism but must simply stop at making that city part of the Jewish nation (this is the part that applies to Muslims and Christians alone). However, if the people were not montheistic, they must either convert, or be killed.

Also, I am assuming this is just a mistake, you mixed up the Babylonian exile and the Roman exile.
                      Ah, but Maimonides was a Rishon and therefore cannot go against an Amora, one of the rabbis from the Talmudic generation. I actually have read the section about the Jews returning to Israel and there is a disagreement about it. however, both sides in the Talmud agree that there can be no crusades of any sort and impose other restrictions on the Jewish return to Israel.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower

I officially request the leader of the One Israel Party censure this member based upon the grounds that his attempts at violence against a fellow Jew would throw our nation into complete dissarray. Strong words and heated arguement is one thing, attempted assasination is a completely different thing
                        If both of you cannot play nicely, I am going to ask that this thread be used only for official party purposes, as some like Arthedrain already suggested. I am allowing these comments because it adds flavor to the game. But if it goes to far, and feelings get hurt, it would be best to shut this down.
                        David Disraeli
                        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• So it's my fault he jumps on my back for a comment I made to someone who laughed it off?

And it's my fault that he talks of having me killed off?

Comment

• Very well.

1. Panag is formally censured for publicly calling for the killing of the leader of an opposition party.

2. I hereby formally request that the Harmony Party censure Htower for rudely and harshly belittling Panag's speaking style and in doing so in a fashion that did not address the point of Panag's post.

To make it clear, I do not approve of death threats, though I do not see how Panag could conceivibly bump your character off. However, I also disapprove of the way you handled it before petitioning One Israel for the censure.

Now I will kindly ask both of you to lay off one another. If you wish to debate, fine, but I would ask you two to be respectful, since it seems both of you are taking these things personally.

This whole thing has gotten a lot worse than just calling someone a "dirty hippie." If I see more name-calling continue not as a joke, but as actual mean-natured discourse, I will request that this thread be used for party purposes.
                            David Disraeli

Comment

• I feel I ought to comment, since the thread involves a post directed at me.

Am I not called a charlatan and a quack? Yet, I understand the spirit in which the post was made, so that I laughed off the comment.

The same with HTower, he attempted to poke fun in the structure of the insult, by mimicking the style.

I doubt that he seriously intended to compare the honourable citizen with Hitler.

Panag, at no point bantered with one of the other members, and seems to not understand the spirit of the exchange, whereas HTower has been present all the way throughout.

Now, if you ask us to censure members for posts made in jest, then all of us ought to be censured, since many of us have made similar remarks insulting the other party.

Since your link fails to present the exchange.

El Awrence: 02-10-2003 21:10

quote: Ben Kenobi
                              "Any scripture to defend your position, or is this just your opinion. Remember, my character is a seer."

"You, sir, are a charlatan and a quack!"

H Tower 02-10-2003 23:38

"You sir, are no better than Hitler"

El Awrence 02-10-2003 23:42

*SHOCK*

Since El Awrence, the object of the attack does not object, neither does the Harmony Party censor HTower.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 4, 2003, 22:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmuGod

Ah, but Maimonides was a Rishon and therefore cannot go against an Amora, one of the rabbis from the Talmudic generation. I actually have read the section about the Jews returning to Israel and there is a disagreement about it. however, both sides in the Talmud agree that there can be no crusades of any sort and impose other restrictions on the Jewish return to Israel.
                                Yes, however, the Torah, the root of all the Talmudic laws, and Maimonidies, states that in the invaision and occupation of "The Land of Milk and Honey" all men who do not believe in G-d and follow the Torah must be killed. However, if they choose they must be permitted to convert or leave the Promised Land. Later commentators toned this down. However, the Torah is the law and must be followed, even if others disagree. There is simply no exception.
                                Vote Democrat
                                Support Democracy

Comment

Working...
                                X