New Political Party: One Israel!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PinkyGen
    2. POTUS, Arthedrain, what positions are you thinking of? Both of you can work together on the paper if you wish. However, I urge both of you not underestimate your own abilities. If you wish to be a front commander, then state it so, we will need them.
    I'm not underestimating myself, I just dunno what position I can take I'm just underestimating myself when it comes to being a front commander hehe..
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthedain

I'm not underestimating myself, I just dunno what position I can take I'm just underestimating myself when it comes to being a front commander hehe..
      Well with only around 12 people active everyone will probably have something to do.

I wouldn't worry about how good you think you are at CIV II.

There will be all the rest of us to rely upon for advice.

I would play the scenario at least once in SP mode to get the feel for it. That will get your more than enough background to play.

We just need to know if you want to be a front commander and actually control some of the troops or whether you would want to be a minister and control the economy or decide what units we are going to build or just work on the news paper.

Until Pinky Knows what your preference is he really cant make sure you get into the right job.

Look at the Government thread and see what positions we decided upon and what interests you.

Then post them here. It may chage in 6 months anyway so try out a few different things to do.

I only did SP in Red Front twice and played several positions in that Demo game with no problem.

So my recommendation is to just jump in and do something and have fun!

Oh and I almost forgot:

hi,

have a nice day
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Conmcb and El Awerence

Looks like we'll be having two other minister spots besides PM as well. Steve, you are in the knesset, so can only be a minister. El Awrence, you could decide to be either a minister or apply for the military (and chief of staff is still open), but I would like to know soon so I can offer the other minister spot down the list to either Arthedrain or POTUS.

(originally, a PM, but El, your mailbox is fun and I want to move on).
        David Disraeli
        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• My mailbox is fun? WTF? Send me an email in my sig

I'll apply for the military in this one.

Comment

• K. Arthedrain, you want a post now?

El, you want just a front, or try for Chief of Staff. (So far I have not seen anybody except Kenobi, and he's not getting approved if he is only willing to use bribery).
            Last edited by PinkyGen; October 9, 2003, 15:09.
            David Disraeli
            Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• Hmm, I could go for Chief of Staff. I'd prefer to fight, but I will go where the party *cough* Israel will need me!

Comment

• I can be a minister if there's a spot to fill. I think I will wait with being a front commander.

Comment

• We'll see who else applies, but if its nothing but peaceniks...
                  David Disraeli

Comment

• How can I make the words "One Israel party" in my sig link to this thread?

Comment

How can I make the words "One Israel party" in my sig link to this thread?
                      What I do is this:

Before you do anything get the URL of the thread you want to link to copied. Its at the top of the web page

Go to any thread

Hit reply

in the reply there is an htpp command on the grey buttons

When you hit that reply press the htpp button.

It will ask you for the title and then the url.

Copy that, back out of reply (so you dont actually do a reply) , go to control panel and paste in your sig
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

How can I make the words "One Israel party" in my sig link to this thread?
                        I usually open a page, as if I am writing a post. Then I use the http:// button , and create a link like so

Then I copy and paste into my signature.

As for our government, here is how it's shaping up.
                        One Israel:
                        PinkyGen: PM
                        Conmcb25: Defense
                        Arthedrain: Econ.
                        El Awrence: Chief of Staff. El, if you really don't want it, then you can hand it over to someone provided they aren't a hippie candidate. I believe Centre is expecting two positions on the front, I trust you to select for the other fronts besides what Centre wants.

Centre:
                        Stalin II: Immigration.
                        Emu: President.

There is a possibility that Emu and Conmcb25 may switch posts, Emu originally requested President, but it is my personal belief Defense is a more powerful position, and rather than risk letting Centre get disapointed with the arrangement, offered him Defense. Emu has yet to respond, and until he does, I assume he still wants President. If he wants Defense Minister, let him have it.

And as I said, Conmcb25 is in charge when I am vacation.
                        David Disraeli

Comment

• Thanks both of you

edit: Never mind, I already knew the answer to that question
                          Last edited by Arthedain; October 9, 2003, 17:04.

Comment

• I will do anything. If El doesn't want to be chief of staff, I would willingly serve as it if no one else wants to.
                            Vote Democrat
                            Support Democracy

Comment

• Originally posted by POTUS
                              I will do anything. If El doesn't want to be chief of staff, I would willingly serve as it if no one else wants to.
                              Put your name in the hat to be a front commander.

Get em quick before we have to give them away to the Hippies!

Disclaimer: The above was said purely in jest! (The Hippie part)

Comment

• I'll be chief of staff... it allows me to forcibly relocate Arab labour back to our factories, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X