The Harmony Party and Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Harmony Party and Paper

I'm starting the harmony party (to be renamed something more authentic sounding later). Our Party will strive to live in peace with our Arab brothers around us. After all, we both worship the One True God.

To further our Party and our goals of peaceful coexistance, the Harmony Paper will also be released to bring about a peaceful transition from British Colonial rule to a Jewish and Palestinian State.

Members:
    Ben Kenobi
    Stefan Härtel
    sparrowhawk
    sirsnuggles

Manifesto
    1. The Harmony Party of Israel, referred to as HPI in this document, stands for peace and harmony to the people of Israel and their neighbours, regardless of religion, culture and political views.

2. The HPI is dedicated to establishing the state of Israel. It is determined to keep the sovereignity of Israel.

3. The HPI believes in democracy and all that it stands for. The HPI declares to preserve the ideals of democracy and all human rights.

4. The HPI believes in peaceful co-existance of all nations. It also believes in freedom of speech, religion and culture.

5. The HPI believes in the right of all people to decide for themselves where they want to live. In effect, the HPI believes in the right of people from all nations, religions and cultures to live in Israel.

6. In effect of the above-mentioned, the HPI rejects any expansionist policy of Israel. The HPI vows to oppose any policy of this sort by any government of Israel.

7. The HPI regards itself as an Israeli party. It will only act within the nation of Israel, unless actions in foreign countries are approved by all concerned people, including those of the foreign countries.

8. The frontiers of the state of Israel are those defined by the United Nations. The HPI vows to oppose any change of these borders unless the change is approved by all those concerned.

9. No pre-emptive strikes will be justified, although attacks on any armies crossing the UN Partition line will be permitted.

10. The HPI believes in a written, democratic constitution guaranteeing equal democratic rights to all those who live in the state of Israel.

11. The HPI rejects all kinds of inhumane atrocities, such as torture, murder and genocide.

12. The HPI reserves the right to publish a newspaper pointing out the party's opinions to the broad mass of the people of Israel. All members of the HPI have the right to contribute to this newspaper.

13. The HPI headquarters are private property. Only members of the HPI may enter unless otherwise noted.

14. The members of the HPI may object to any of the points in the Manifesto of the HPI. Changes may be made if 2/3 of the party members approve them. The members of the HPI must obey the rules of the Manifesto.

15. Everybody is free to join the HPI provided they agree to §14.

This Manifesto has been signed by the founding members of the Harmony Party of Israel:

SIGNED ON THIS DATE,
    May 13, 1948

SHAUL LEVY
    YAAKOV YITZCHAK
    Last edited by H Tower; May 6, 2004, 17:28.

censored
    Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003, 00:08.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
      H, what the heck is this? I thought you were going to join mean in the right wing party!

You know death to all Arabs, no peace unless the Arabs recognize Israel and stuff like that............
      Hearsay! I never said that!

No, I just changedmy mind on how I want to play. It promises to be... diferent.

Comment

A pacifist party?

Do we protect the (admittedly small) numbers of christians, alongside the Jews and Muslims?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'll probalby post the Jewish declaration of independence when we start the game. One of its basic laws for the stae is for equal rights for all citizens regardless of religion, sex, race etc. and it gives all Arabs already living in Israel full Israeli citizenship along with any Jew who comes to Israel (Jews get it immediately).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

A pacifist party?

Do we protect the (admittedly small) numbers of christians, alongside the Jews and Muslims?
            Is it possible to have harmony when you persecute a small minority?

The Harmony Party says NO!

Comment

How do we live in peace with the Arabs? Is negotiation allowed? No!!! They wish to drive us into the sea!! (At least the governments do, and they seem to be calling the shots).
              Furthermore, if we do not seize the so called "Palestinian land" how will we defend ourselves once the British leave? We will have no room to maneuver, and fewer recources.

I advocate a plan of rapid expansion into the Arab state while the British are still there on the borders in preparation for what will be the inevitable Arab invasion of our new homeland. If we fail to expand, we will be crushed!!!
              David Disraeli
              Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Warmonger! Advocate of Genocide! Have you not forgotten what Hitler did to our people in Europe? He either killed them or drove them away. Now you want to do the same to the Muslims? Instead of approaching them with a gun in our hand, let us approach them with arms wide open in friendship. Only then will we have peace.

Oh, go get your own thread you hater

Comment

Indeed, wise HTower. Your words speak to me the superiority of the pacifist position. No longer will we imprison the Muslims in their hovels, but we shall allow them to take an equal part.

Let us open our hearts to peace, prosperity and most of all, to harmony.

Will you accept my offer to join your most agreeable party?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                    Warmonger! Advocate of Genocide! Have you not forgotten what Hitler did to our people in Europe? He either killed them or drove them away. Now you want to do the same to the Muslims? Instead of approaching them with a gun in our hand, let us approach them with arms wide open in friendship. Only then will we have peace.

Oh, go get your own thread you hater
                    I never said I wished to kill the Muslims, or even drive them away. In fact, I believe that they should become full citizens of our state when it is proudly proclaimed.

But do not confuse my desire to intergrate the Muslims with naivette regarding the strategic situation. Our cities are isolated, and can easily be cut off from one another so that we form no defense in depth. The Arabs, through their closest cities, can attack us at nearly any point.

This must be avoided. I do not wish to proclaim lebansrum, but unless we take the oppurtunity we are given to gain ground in preparation for the eventual Muslim attack, we will be driven into the sea.
                    David Disraeli
                    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Indeed, wise HTower. Your words speak to me the superiority of the pacifist position. No longer will we imprison the Muslims in their hovels, but we shall allow them to take an equal part.

Let us open our hearts to peace, prosperity and most of all, to harmony.

Will you accept my offer to join your most agreeable party?

welcome

Come! All lovers of peace join our party!

Comment

to intergrate the Muslims with naivette regarding the strategic situation.
                        "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

You may wish to update your membership list, HTower.

Comment

You may wish to update your membership list, HTower.

I knew there was something I forgot to do yesterday

Comment

Sign me in
                            Peace and harmony to all!
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Cool, we are up to three.

Comment

Working...
                              X