No announcement yet.

The Harmony Party and Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H Tower, is everything alright? I can understand your frustration about all the off-topic stuff. On the other hand, you haven't commented on the recent activities of the other party members.
    Please don't mistake this. I don't want to offend you.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I'm cooling off now.

Steve and I will torment each other somewhere else for a while

It looks good, I can't think of anything to add to it at the moment.

Only, how does no expansion coincide with bribing?

Comment

Only, how does no expansion coincide with bribing?

Simple. The people who take the money agree with Israel governing their city.
        It's only a matter of interpretation
        Of course, we will limit this to the most necessary need
        Follow the masses!

Comment

I haven't had any brilliant ideas about a particular article I want to write yet. Ben, we won't know what position we get in the government until the elections are over and the Prime Minister approaches us with an offer of positions.

Comment

Stefan:

Everything looks good, except for 8.

I'm a staunch advocate of the idea that if you can't wrap up an idea in a sentence or two, you don't really understand what you are trying to say.

With that in mind, I'm going to tackle 8.

I think we need to reverse 8 and nine.

8. The frontiers of the state of Israel are those defined by the United Nations. The HPI vows to oppose any change of these borders unless the change is approved by all those concerned.

9. In the case where foreign powers, be they Arab or otherwise, attempt to invade Israel, they will be met with passive resistance, in the form of city defenses and bribery. No attempts to counter-attack or pre-emptive strikes will be justified.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Is there a way to add in there that we will destroy any foriegn power armies that cross over the UN partition line? I would think that would be a good compromise concerning 8

Comment

Is there a way to add in there that we will destroy any foreign power armies that cross over the UN partition line? I would think that would be a good compromise concerning
                Just change 9 on my amendment to read,

"No pre-emptive strikes will be justified, although attacks on any armies crossing the UN Partition line will be permitted."

We'd need to vote on our eventual platform, once we work out all the kinks.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I agree with Ben Kenobis proposals.
                  Follow the masses!

Comment

So is that the revised version of the party manifesto?

Comment

REVISED HARMONY PAPER:

1. The Harmony Party of Israel, referred to as HPI in this document, stands for peace and harmony to the people of Israel and their neighbours, regardless of religion, culture and political views.

2. The HPI is dedicated to establishing the state of Israel. It is determined to keep the sovereignity of Israel.

3. The HPI believes in democracy and all that it stands for. The HPI declares to preserve the ideals of democracy and all human rights.

4. The HPI believes in peaceful co-existance of all nations. It also believes in freedom of speech, religion and culture.

5. The HPI believes in the right of all people to decide for themselves where they want to live. In effect, the HPI believes in the right of people from all nations, religions and cultures to live in Israel.

6. In effect of the above-mentioned, the HPI rejects any expansionist policy of Israel. The HPI vows to oppose any policy of this sort by any government of Israel.

7. The HPI regards itself as an Israeli party. It will only act within the nation of Israel, unless actions in foreign countries are approved by all concerned people, including those of the foreign countries.

8. The frontiers of the state of Israel are those defined by the United Nations. The HPI vows to oppose any change of these borders unless the change is approved by all those concerned.

9. No pre-emptive strikes will be justified, although attacks on any armies crossing the UN Partition line will be permitted.

10. The HPI believes in a written, democratic constitution guaranteeing equal democratic rights to all those who live in the state of Israel.

11. The HPI rejects all kinds of inhumane atrocities, such as torture, murder and genocide.

12. The HPI reserves the right to publish a newspaper pointing out the party's opinions to the broad mass of the people of Israel. All members of the HPI have the right to contribute to this newspaper.

13. The HPI headquarters are private property. Only members of the HPI may enter unless otherwise noted.

14. The members of the HPI may object to any of the points in the Manifesto of the HPI. Changes may be made if 2/3 of the party members approve them. The members of the HPI must obey the rules of the Manifesto.

15. Everybody is free to join the HPI provided they agree to §14.

This Manifesto has been signed by the founding members of the Harmony Party of Israel:

SIGNED ON THIS DATE,
                      May 13, 1948

SHAUL LEVY
                      YAAKOV YITZCHAK
                      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 8, 2003, 14:23.

Comment

I'm going to be cleaning up your party thread soon which basically means that I'll delete/edit anything that violates the rules I posted in the stickied thread. Make sure you read it.

Comment

Last edited by H Tower; October 7, 2003, 20:40.

Comment

Cleaned up posts. (3) on forum.

Comment

I agree with the changes made to the manifesto by Ben Kenobi. If H Tower agrees, I propose we "sign" it and put it at the start of the thread.
                              Follow the masses!

Comment

Stefan:

HTower left... I don't know whether or not he will be back.

Hopefully he will let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X