• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H Tower

you forgot

hi ,

have a nice day

or do you no longer wish me a nice day?
    That was low.

In all seriousness, since it seems it is very conceivible it could offend people, I suggest we do not call each other Hitler.

However, feel free to continue to call people Nazi's, rightists, commies, and whatever.
    David Disraeli
    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Hey, if El Awrence can agree it's all in good fun, I don't see why panag has to jump on my back about a comment I made about someone other than him.

If you want to see a low comment, check your thread where panag talks about having me assinated.

Comment

If your response had been too say what you just said in that Hitler had nothing to do with him, fine. You are entitled to that, and while Panag can disagree, you weren't trying to be rude.

But instead you took the oppurtunity to make fun of Panag. That is what is troublesome, not the Hitler comment.

I only mentioned that perhaps Hitler should not be discussed because some people might take it personally. You may agree or not agree, with that, and that's fine. That was just a suggestion.
        David Disraeli
        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

People, let's get back on line.
          I think it's much more important for us to discuss party policy, since chances aren't that bad that we might get elected.

Things we must discuss are following:
          -Party rethorics: I don't want to risk that every member of our party suddenly gets his own ideas
          -Who is what in this party? (Number one candidate, secretary, etc)
          -The paper. What about the paper? I want the paper!
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

HTower should be the president in charge since he started the party.

What do you want to do, Stefan? I've played some of your scenarios, but do you have any experience with Exodus?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Of course I have some experience with Exodus (I never managed to win, but I know it quite well).
              I think we should get some sort of red line in our party. A manifesto that explains following:
              -General goals
              -How we plan to achieve these goals
              -Outward presentation. How will people recognize our party, and all that. Any ideas for party slogans?

I'd be ready to write that, but I need your input. In our party, everyone has say.
              Follow the masses!

Comment

I don't know much about Exodus, but I'm not too bad with manifestos.

Here's what I think our party ought to work towards.

1. Eventually establish peaceful co-existence with the Arabs.

2. Establish Israeli security as a sovereign state.

3. Defend and repulse Arab attacks on Israel.

4. Rejection of Israel's expansion into Arab territories, Let the Palestinians have their land.

What we need to define is the homeland that we feel ought to belong to the Palestinians, and that which Israel needs to be a workable state.

I would support acquiring some Arab cities through bribery, but what do you think?

Party slogans just need to emphasise "Harmony" in some way.

Perhaps something along the lines of perpetuating genocide. As we have recieved, let us go beyond and show mercy?
                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 5, 2003, 20:42.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Well, as the One Israeli party decided to close their thread to outsiders, ours will now be closed to them. Let it be that no citizen of Israel outside of the Harmony Party who does not wish to join us will be forbidden to speak here unless otherwise invited.

Comment

Panag, H Tower, I humbly ask you to stop the serious figth between you. You can "fight" one the other in the game (thas is, for instance, a fight between Pacifist and Violent), as long as you're in "role" mode, but let this not get real.

If the term Hitler, that was a punch in a "in role" fight between the characters (and not the true posters!) of H Tower and El-Awernce, offends anybody here, I think we can stop using it (as PinkyGen suggested).

Let's play the game, guys!
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                      Panag, H Tower, I humbly ask you to stop the serious figth between you. You can "fight" one the other in the game (thas is, for instance, a fight between Pacifist and Violent), as long as you're in "role" mode, but let this not get real.

If the term Hitler, that was a punch in a "in role" fight between the characters (and not the true posters!) of H Tower and El-Awernce, offends anybody here, I think we can stop using it (as PinkyGen suggested).

Let's play the game, guys!
                      1. I only used Hitler once, and I'm not planning on doing it again. I've been very polite to panag lately, he's the one that keeps bringing it up. He's the one who keeps talking about hiring someone to kill me (my in game persona)

2. Read the post directly above yours, this thread is closed to those who are not members of the Harmony party. I am responding to PinkyGen's closing of the One Israel party thread to outsiders, Harmony is simply following suit.

if you wish to debate a point of belief, please post here, in the political forum where discussion is welcome: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=98606

Comment

Any commentary on my points as the Harmony party platform?

Comment

I've written a manifesto based on Ben Kenobi's and my own ideas. Enjoy.

THE MANIFESTO OF THE HARMONY PARTY OF ISRAEL (HPI)
                          _First draft_

1. The Harmony Party of Israel, referred to as HPI in this document, stands for peace and harmony to the people of Israel and their neighbours, regardless of religion, culture and political views.

2. The HPI is dedicated to establishing the state of Israel. It is determined to keep the sovereignity of Israel.

3. The HPI believes in democracy and all that it stands for. The HPI declares to preserve the ideals of democracy and all human rights.

4. The HPI believes in peaceful co-existance of all nations. It also believes in freedom of speech, religion and culture.

5. The HPI believes in the right of all people to decide for themselves where they want to live. In effect, the HPI believes in the right of people from all nations, religions and cultures to live in Israel.

6. In effect of the above-mentioned, the HPI rejects any expansionist policy of Israel. The HPI vows to oppose any policy of this sort by any government of Israel.

7. The HPI regards itself as an Israeli party. It will only act within the nation of Israel, unless actions in foreign countries are approved by all concerned people, including those of the foreign countries.

8. The HPI believes in the partition plan of the United Nations. As mentioned, it opposes all sorts of expansion policy by any Israeli government. It will, however, not tolerate foreign aggression. If the state of Israel is attacked by any other nation, the HPI is determined to defend the state of Israel by all means regarded as necessary. This includes military actions and military strikes on foreign soil. This does not include occupation of, or expansion into foreign territory. If military actions are undertaken on foreign territory, the concerning units are to be withdrawn immediately after the action has been executed.

9. The frontiers of the state of Israel are those defined by the United Nations. The HPI vows to oppose any change of these borders unless the change is approved by all those concerned.

10. The HPI believes in a written, democratic constitution guaranteeing equal democratic rights to all those who live in the state of Israel.

11. The HPI rejects all kinds of inhumane atrocities, such as torture, murder and genocide.

12. The HPI reserves the right to publish a newspaper pointing out the party's opinions to the broad mass of the people of Israel. All members of the HPI have the right to contribute to this newspaper.

13. The HPI headquarters are private property. Only members of the HPI may enter unless otherwise noted.

14. The members of the HPI may object to any of the points in the Manifesto of the HPI. Changes may be made if 2/3 of the party members approve them. The members of the HPI must obey the rules of the Manifesto.

15. Everybody is free to join the HPI provided they agree to §14.

This Manifesto has been signed by the founding members of the Harmony Party of Israel:

Game-wise this would mean:

No expansion. Israel is to be defended but no cities may be conquered. However, cities may be bribed according to §7 and §9.

If you have comments, please post them. Remember, this is the first draft. If you two agree to this manifesto, I'd like to ask H Tower to edit it into the first post and to add our (character) names to the bottom.

I'd also like to ask a mod to delete all posts not related to the party (discussion between non-party members etc) so we have a nice and orderly thread.
                          Follow the masses!

Comment

censored, I was trying to be nice to Stefan complimneting him on his manifesto. The I got slammed below. I guess being nice is against the rules as well. I just dont know what to do anymore except: censored
                            Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003, 00:18.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

@conmcb25
                              Just two.

GET OUT
                              STAY OUT

Comment

censored
                                Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003, 00:19.
                                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X