Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Exodus Democracy Game Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of being laughed at since I actually thought this might have been a serious question.

The pope is the leader of the Catholic Church, he lives in Rome and is really old.

Comment

Unsticking this because I don't want more than 4 threads to be 'sticked' (that causes problems, IIRC)
      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Yep good idea we ahrdly use this one anymore but the turn thread will be used all the time, thanks
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

pity it not stickied as a friendly welcome is always a good start ....
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I have been following your game with a great deal of interest since its inception. Fascinating. I finally downloaded Exodus II scen and Yaroslav's .scen mod a few days ago. I played for a few turns before realizing that there was a file missing in the zip.

The readme lists Terrain2 as one of the files that should be in the zip. It's not. Consequently, rivers don't show on some terrain types and irrigated hills and plains look identical. I went back to vanilla Civ II Terrains 1 & 2 and am getting used to the idea that lumps of coal represent sheep on a hillside. Any help or ideas on this?

This is in the "FO and MYOB" category, but I'm a bit surprised that Zion Workers and Kibbutzniks have not been busy changing the terrain of front line cities to forest. The 50% defensive bonus really cuts casualties in the Golan, Eilat, W Jerusalem and elsewhere.

Also, using the Mossad unit to subvert Palestinian cities completely unbalances the scen. The Palestinians are so poor (121 gold in your Aug. '48 save) that, if they lose East Jerusalem, it is dirt cheap to subvert the rest of their cities.
            Last edited by AGRICOLA; April 28, 2004, 16:33.
            Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
            Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
              I have been following your game with a great deal of interest since its inception. Fascinating. I finally downloaded Exodus II scen and Yaroslav's .scen mod a few days ago. I played for a few turns before realizing that there was a file missing in the zip.

The readme lists Terrain2 as one of the files that should be in the zip. It's not. Consequently, rivers don't show on some terrain types and irrigated hills and plains look identical. I went back to vanilla Civ II Terrains 1 & 2 and am getting used to the idea that lumps of coal represent sheep on a hillside. Any help or ideas on this?

This is in the "FO and MYOB" category, but I'm a bit surprised that Zion Workers and Kibbutzniks have not been busy changing the terrain of front line cities to forest. The 50% defensive bonus really cuts casualties in the Golan, Eilat, W Jerusalem and elsewhere.

Also, using the Mossad unit to subvert Palestinian cities completely unbalances the scen. The Palestinians are so poor (121 gold in your Aug. '48 save) that, if they lose East Jerusalem, it is dirt cheap to subvert the rest of their cities.
              Interesting analysis.

Why dont you join us?

Read up on the three parties and join one

One Israel
              Harmony
              Center

All three have a thread in this forum.

Also for the rest of us, what gives with this extra terrain file?

Can one of our scenario designers look into this?
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I've replaced almost all of the terrains with terrains that I've compiled anyways, so I don't have this problem..
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain
                  I've replaced almost all of the terrains with terrains that I've compiled anyways, so I don't have this problem..
                  Care to share them?

Comment

I truly appreciate your invitation and will take it up when I hope to have Internet access again, maybe in a month or so.

We are embarking on our annual spring migration back to Canada. There, although we are less than 3 klicks from a highway, the phone monopoly has consistently refused to put in a land line except for an exorbitant price. Their attitude changed suddenly 2 years ago when Ottawa put a gun to their head and told them to provide all Canadians, no matter how remote, with Internet access by 2006. All of a sudden the impossible became possible. The main telephone line is in but it will probably take a month to wire up the cottage and find a decent local ISP.

One additional comment about Exodus. The 3000 shekel random event is by far the most important source of Israeli funds. It seemed to me that players like Lucky Larry can end up with a great deal more money than Louie the Loser who keeps rolling snakeyes. In effect, how the scen plays is very dependent on a random event. Not liking that and unwilling to reload, I levelled the playing field by adding a 400 shekel monthly event and reduced the random bonanza to 1000. I think the change makes for a fairer game, too bad that the author no longer appears to be active in Civ2.

Thanks again for the invitation.
                    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Yeah, we do kinda cross our fingers with that.
                      David Disraeli
                      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25 Care to share them?
                        Hope anyone doesn't mind me doing so..
                        Okay you can always edit this and make it better and post it, I've just changes some and took some terrains that I like (mostly Favoured Flight's). Somebody should update the units/cities.

I posted it in "the modified scen" thread.
                        Last edited by Arthedain; May 5, 2004, 14:40.
                        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Working...
                        X