No announcement yet.

Apolyton University Succession Game - Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the difficulty level, I'm in.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
      Excellent idea.
      Let me guess which team you will join...
      Have you seen the MZO game? Arrian was definitely a member of the "builder" team.

Having the right map for your strategy is important. We shouldn't field a builder team for a pangea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me
        Having the right map for your strategy is important. We shouldn't field a builder team for a pangea.
        I've already started designing the map. It's not a pangaea and should work well for all styles of play. More testing on it still needs to be done though.

Comment

In the interest of saving time I'm going to post a new thread including the specific people who have said they would play. That way, if we end up playing teams (see the Part 3 poll) I can quickly (and randomly) divide up the people who intend to play.

And for all the lurkers and AU players who have not voted yet, I invite you now to join up. This game is being designed as much with an eye toward newer players and those who haven't played AU games as it is for fun and teaching from the people that have played many AU games. We want YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me

Have you seen the MZO game? Arrian was definitely a member of the "builder" team.
            We weren't really builders, but we didn't fight as early or as much as the other team.

However, given that 4 great leaders were generated during my tenures as leader, I don't think "builder" is necessarily an accurate description of the v 1.14 game.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Bah, we weren't builders!

We went to war with the US real early (archer rush) then with the Arabs with legions, then with the French (I still remember destroying that 20+ unit french stack which invaded), then with the English....

I think all of us got to do some heavy fighting in at least two of those wars.
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                (I still remember destroying that 20+ unit french stack which invaded)
                you mean the one that I let sneak into our territory?
                Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

yeah, THAT one!

I forgive you. You did set me up well for the US and especially the Arab war.
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                  X