Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus drivers

I HATE THEM!!!

To every good idea, there is a limit, and that is no different to my liberalism, open mind, and pacifism. The limit my friends, lies with the incompetent cabbages that drive buses for what passes as a living.

I was waiting outside college, tired, in pain, when the bus decided not to show up for half an hour. Finally it does. Full. Had to stand up next to a fat man with personal hygiene issues, and an elderly woman who kept on talking to me about the state of her home. LIKE I CARE?!?!?!

Bus arrived at the bus station after numerous traffic jams at the bus station, where most of the passengers disembark and usually pick up a new driver. I need to go to the other side of town from the bus (it follows a figure-of-8 route, and im the other side of the 8 from college).

An hour later, still waiting, with annoying girls with annoying Northampton accents and the most diabolically simple and retarded topic of conversation (who snogged who in whatever Iberian island) sitting behind me while in the meantime my blood pressure is steadily rising.

Finally lose it, kick the doors open (the emergency button wasnt working). Get onto the next bus, whereupon I have a massive argument with the bus driver that he wouldnt let me on with the other ticket. I threaten to sue. Victory is mine. I then proceed to explain why he shouldn't smoke on a no-smoking bus with babies, pregnant women and astema suffers on board. Victory is mine.

I go home and stew.

Discuss my bad day.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Couldn´t you distract the bus driver from his evil doings by starting a discussion about relativism and n-dimensional stuff?
    Blah

Comment

No, I'm not that cruel on the intellectually diminished.

Explaining the damage done to him by smoking would pail in comparison to damage I'd do to him if he didn't was more than enough.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

You are just a pessimist. You can have much more fun on a bus if you want. I have a suggestion for an interesting psychological experiment you might want to try.

Find a bus with only one passenger sitting by a window. Enter the bus and take the seat next to this person, thus efficiently blocking the escape route.
        Important: don't talk to him/her, and make sure to avoid eye contact. If they try to talk to you, pretend you didn't hear anything.

Now to the interesting part: don't press the stop button, just sit down until you reach the end destination and see whether your fellow traveler dares to press the stop button before that
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

It depends ont he individual bus driver. I have known good one and evil ones.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

@ BeBro
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If you want a laugh, sit at the back of the bus and whenever you see someone's hand go up to ring the bell, press the button just before they do.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Combat: Thats great, but Northampton is too violent for that to work. Maybe in Beirut...

Theyre all evil!!! By definition! We should treat them as we should treat the lawyers. Big rocket + sun.

Comment

Just start sing "Hail to the Bus Driver"
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

no offence elijah, but it sounds like you need to grow up a bit.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                      If you want a laugh, sit at the back of the bus and whenever you see someone's hand go up to ring the bell, press the button just before they do.

Tried this as a kid, maybe I should try it again, it was great fun back then and I bet it's still fun
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Heh, I used to be a bus driver. I had long hair and listened to my walkman all the time.
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Cali = Otto!

Also, everytime the idiot can't find a gear shout out "Can't find 'em grind 'em" or "Clutch!"
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

At my old school, we used to take the 94 "battlebus". Airguns, bangers, waterbombs, tools stolen from the D/T department, even the odd lump of lithium and several ounces of magnesium stolen from the chem room.

Needless to say, I provided much of the marijuana. 6 miles, and several broken windows and injured first years later, we would arrive home, every day, for three years. Those were the days!!

Of and of course, the legendary, the infamous, the climactic "Surge". Someone would scream "I've got the urge", and cause every member of the rugby team, and then some, to pile on some hapless first year, or the door.

Comment

no offence elijah, but it sounds like you need to grow up a bit.
                              I am extremely immature at times, coupled with a lack of "common sense"

As soon as I step on a bus, I become a terrorist.

sig material?

Comment

Working...
                              X