Science, 1400 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science, 1400 AD

In the absence of obiwan18 I have been asked to post a science poll.

The situation: We are researching Conscription, s l o w l y. It seems that nobody else knows Conscription - the Americans are learning Physics, which we already know. The Greeks are 'way behind. Tech theft doesn't seem viable at the moment - the Germans and Zulus haven't sent swarms of Fundamentalists, Armor, or Riflemen abroad

After Conscription, what next?

Given that we may not get the full list of choices once we learn Conscription, please indicate a second choice in the second half of the above poll. Obviously this choice should be different from your first choice.

My recommendation is Fundamentalism. We'll eliminate all the unhappiness and a lot of the corruption by going Fundy. We also will be able to garrison our cities with the cheap Fundamentalist unit, which should hold up pretty well against any attackers short of Artillery/Cavalry (thereby freeing up a lot of defenders to go to war).

My second choice would be Explosives. Railroad would be nice, but I suspect that we would be able to conquer the world just as fast with roads. Engineers allow us to build roads quickly, and make tricks like the instant fort even easier.
    A: Explosives - to build Engineers, who can build roads twice as fast?
    6.67%
    A: Fundamentalism - to change governments and eliminate all the corruption and unhappiness that plagues us?
    33.33%
    A: Leadership - to upgrade our horseborne attackers?
    6.67%
    A: Magnetism?
    0.00%
    A: Steam Engine - on the path to RR?
    0.00%
    A: Bananavism - to alleviate our hunger issues?
    0.00%
    B: Explosives
    40.00%
    B: Fundamentalism
    0.00%
    B: Leadership
    6.67%
    B: Magnetism
    0.00%
    B: Steam Engine
    0.00%
    B: This poll is too complicated, vote banana for simpler polls
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; September 7, 2003, 09:56.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

I agree, roadbuilding and irigation at double speed does outway the benifits of RR in this stage of the game.

Fundi first off course

Comment

I wish all decisions were this easy...
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Die thread.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
        X