No announcement yet.

Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E you have a bug with rivers they become a dash instead of one continues line.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Mc you are right, the border is assigned to the TileSetIndex not the TileID. The only workaround I can think of is to use more borderless tiles and then an awful lot of rules. Unless you can come up with a fix for the sourcecode that will allow more borders for the same TileSetIndex.

Btw has anyone tried having more than one border for the same set of TileSetIndex?
      Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
      Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

tile rules are a mine field.

I worked out to integrate lava rifts and regular rifts would take some 1400 rules

I might have to test this but if we get the variation rule to point to a new tile we could assign that that borders. it’s a very dirty work around however.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Hmm. Well we know of one VariationRule that works on a straight line of the same terraintype, bordering two or more other types: the shelf. This is per definition only one tile wide, so why not do the same to beaches, forests, hills etc.

I don't know how the game desides when to use the VRs. They show up on generated terrain, but not on painted terrain.

Has anyone tried adding new VRs? is there a limit to the number of them, or can we add as many as we like. TileEdit should handle them correctly from build 27.

Comment

my knowledge of vr is the same as you as far as i can tell you can have a vr of one.

Acticrap really wind me up with this one they claim to make ctp modifiable then hide have the stuff we need to really mod the game in the source.

Comment

In the orriginal TileFile, there are two VRs for each of mountains, shallow, deep, white mountain, and desert mountain. So we'll have to experiment. I'll se if I can get around to doing so sometime next week.

Comment

are the VRs linked to why some tiles are the exact same no matter how many there are and why others vary fairly well, if I'm understanding this right.

There definetely needs to be a vr for hills, jungles, grassland, plans, desert mountains
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

You know how in deep water you sometimes get craters to appear there them.

Comment

VRs can make things like minor mountain chains, the max size of a VR is 5 tiles, so they can't be used to make any realy huge features. Other types of variation can be acieved with tile-rules.

Comment

• Who says the max vi is 5 I haven’t tried but it should be possible to have a six.

Comment

• Try it! I think I tried it at some point, if I did, the result was not encouraging. But you can make as many VRs as you like as long as the chain is no more than five tiles long. (doesn't have to be in a straight line)
                        As I said earlier I don't know how CtP choses the VRs.

Comment

• I got a VR with 6 to run with no visible problems the only problem is that I cant find it in game

Do you think the amount of times a vr rule pops up is in some way related to the number of tiles you manipulate when I ran a vr of one it appeared almost all the time.

Comment

• Mc, what good is a 6-tile VR that doesn't show up?

I have no idea as to how the game selects those VRs. The only thing I know is that you can't plase them there maually. The best way of tesing the VR implementation is to play with deep-sea VRs. Deep-sea is the only reasonably large uniform terrain available.

Comment

• The vr was the deep see one.

Comment

• Is there anway you can make it for jungles and hills and deserthills? It would make my terrain look better.
                                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                                X