No announcement yet.

Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but it is need to view the tiles in tile edit.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

No, tile edit can create one from the other (I'm sure I've done that in the past...)

Comment

TileEdit doesn't care witch one you open, and it can create the one from the other, in fact TileEdit will save both regardles of witch one you opened for edditing.

To see the corect colors, remember to select or deselect (ctrl+C) the correct color mode. By default the color mode is set to 555. I'll make TileEdit remember the last used option if people want it. Alternatively I could add a 'default color mode' on the Options menu.
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          Wow, looking excellent so far brightens the whole terrain up too.

BTW you only have to zip and upload 565.til for us to use it E. The game doesnt use the other one.
          thanks for the look maq. I still havent found my CD so I dont even know how it looks in game yet! Can someone post a quick shot while I dig around for it (so I can see some errors)?

I know I have some ocean/sea tiles to add. I'm also thinking about touching up the borders, they are tough because its a set shape but I might throw in smoe rocks, brush, very tiny hills and bumbs to add texture where borders are located so they dont look so rigid. (There are a lot of border graphics though so I'll finish the main stuff first)
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I think with the borders try to make them as invisible as you can, ie dont place anything that repeats badly, because the borders will be everywhere. The weaved effect used on the default tile borders is probably the best method.
            Attached Files
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot Maq!

I'm pleased with how the sea tiles have brightened the game up.
              I'm going to have to:
              1) replace one blue sea tile with a lighter coast tile
              2) make the CTP2 default straight beach lines more varied and less square (if possible)
              3) more varied ocean tiles
              4) still clean up the forest tiles
              5) I'll have to fix ocean and rift borders because I see that Civ3 Has coast-sea-ocean where as its looks like CTP2 just has coast and ocean.

How did the sea rifts turn out? Do you see anything else (besides borders) that need some cleaning up?

Comment

Some things i noticed:

Theres only one type of inland (not next to coast) hill, perhaps you could add another. Forests look similar too.

The submarine ridges dont quite look right. (see pic)

Sand dunes look abit too similar to deserts, but not a big concern. (see pic)

Coral Reef and Kelp Bed obviously needs doing to the new shallow water.

When the borders are in itll look alot better still, so i think the missing tiles (kelp bed) and the borders should be done before you add anymore main tiles.
                Attached Files
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I will dig out the moded rift tile rule to allow for multiple rift squares .

But Maquiladora there is the bug with putting rifts at the side of the shelf’s.
                  "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                    I will dig out the moded rift tile rule to allow for multiple rift squares .

But Maquiladora there is the bug with putting rifts at the side of the shelf’s.
                    BigMC is the rift bug what created all of those single rift tiles?

I have a lot of hill graphics in there but I don't know why it only picks one.

Borders definetely need work.

How did those cliffs get inverted? Is that part of the bug too?

doing the kelp and reef now....

Comment

Sorry, dont worry about the part where the shelfs are inverted, i created that part of land with the editor to put the desert and dunes on the screenshot, and the editor did that to the inverted shelf. (i dont know why though)

Comment

The rifts ahs two bugs one is if you place a rift at the side of a continental shelf the shelf invert.

Two if you use the editor and put 9 rift tiles together in a square you get the single rift tiles.

The answer to the first bug lies in the source code (not fixed yet)

The second bug lies in the tile rules of which I have a set which works wich I will dig out and past tomorrow.

Comment

Okay I finished all sea tiles (I think) and touched up a few others like the trees borders, the sand dunes, and of course did the alagea and reefs.

Maq could you please post screenshots, especially of problems I spent time updating instead of hunting for that CD....thanks...

#3 removed, latest:

Last edited by Ekmek; May 4, 2004, 22:35.

Comment

Here are the altered tile rules for the rifts.

Got to go see a man about a dragon.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That orange plains tile, isnt that the graphic for pollution in civ3? What happened to the original, lighter shade for plains?

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots BigMC!

1) I think that orange plains is a left over from an earlier plains tile I had, so I'm going to redo the plains.

2) There is still that random sea tile messing up the light blue coasts, I need to figure out which tile that is....(I guess have a few numbered tiles and check it out, unless you or Big MC know of an easier way). And the dark ocean versus sea tile stands out too much as well as not blending with rifts, I might need borders for that.

3) The one beach tile has a grayish border and I may try to make the coasts less blocky but I got to think of a way to do that first.

4) Its looks like my "extended" borders of fuzzing the top half of tile (grassland especially) works fairly well as a border replacement all though need to be a little more spotty I think(although I intend to fix up the blocky borders to add variation)

5) Is there a way to know what border a tile will use when looking tileedit? It might be hard to know which ones matchup where and when.

Did you see anything else? How do the new sand dunes look?

Comment

Working...
                                X