No announcement yet.

Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I see it is that forest, hills, mountains, jungles share the same border.
    As well as tundra snow w mountains w hill share the same border

While civ3 desert, plains and marsh have different ones

That makes a total of 25 tile borders

Which if you look at civ3 screen shots the images seam to blend so just copy that

ill post and example
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

The main question is E what do you want

An alternative tile file or an alternative tile set were a user can customise what tiles he wants form yours and the original ctp !
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

A tile file that includes both CTP2 and Civ3 tiles requires some modding to make it work, while an alternative tile file can be put at the place of the original tile file and it is mod independent.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

not really martin all it would take is to splice the tile file data in txt file as aposed to in tile edit the only added on image data would be the border images which would not take long at all

and the actual splicing process would take a mater of minutes rather then hours I would have to read up however

Comment

I kinda wanted to make a new set of terrain graphics to attract more players, especially with the source code comingout and the assumption that you guys will make some great additions to the game. Of course graphics is an eye candy thing some like, some dont. So I'll just throw them into a tilefile and also upload all the TGAs to give the option of replacing the graphics or letting modders pick what they want.
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Why not make a completely new tileset E? Redo all the tilefile, even new sea/beach tiles. All we need to do is copy the original tile's layout but with (hopefully) more detailed, more colourful and interesting graphics, like it really feels like your looking down on real terrain and not a cartoonish landscape. Itll take a while but the best thing to do is do the work for yourself, because youll eventually lose interest in the project if your doing it for other people.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'm still cranking away on the update. I am looking to add SnOOpy's sea tiles, with the cliffs. So far the beaches look good. I'll post an in progress review hopefully in a week.

Comment

Great news E. I look forward to seeing your new work.

Comment

Onepresent,

I'm still working on the sea tiles. I've seen your work and I'm looking for some advice. Attached are the Rifts cut out and place on Snoopy's ocean tile, and of course theregular rifts. I want to give the oceans a feel of seeing the water but seeing the rift under the water. CTP2 makes it almost look like land. I guess blurring would help but I'd like to hear your two cents first.

Thanks for the help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Have you looked at it on a full screen? I took the above image and put this tile in the corner. Looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if what you are after is possible with CTPII as it now stands. I like the way CTPII handles marshes/swamps, but because the water the is "self-enclosed" it has options about blending blues the ocean tiles don't have. Maybe if the programmers allow us to add a couple of pixels of animations, some "water shimmering" would get what you are after.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks one present.

I think the tile you added was the original CtpII I pasted for reference. But your shimmer hint was good. I'm messing with it now, I'm going to blur the original rift (but try to make it not look like an oil slick) and then ad the shimmers. I think it should give the effect. thanks.

Comment

If you make a moving shimmer use a the effect spr file you could use it in the original game too. There was a source code debate about this.

Comment

I guess a shimmer sprite would just be small sploches changing color from light blue white to dark blue etc. Of course there is the debate about what it would add etc.

Comment

Attached is a draft of the second version with new beach and sea cliffs. Some tiles still need to be added. THis is very draft and I'll post the 555/565.til files. I'll post a screen shot when I find my CTP2 disc...

#2 removed latest is #4 (4-may-04)

(see first post for latest)
                              Last edited by Ekmek; May 28, 2004, 23:16.

Comment

Wow, looking excellent so far brightens the whole terrain up too.

BTW you only have to zip and upload 565.til for us to use it E. The game doesnt use the other one.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X