Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds interesting.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

It really is I added a deeper form of sea one where no food can survive you can only really use it for production.

Then you have the modifications to deep sea rifts , channels and basically missing tiles actocrap should have added

Then deep sea rifts and mountains
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

An extra sea tile then? so how long is this gonna take?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

depends on how long activision keep the source code as there is no rule for the continental shelf and there is one two many tiles to create a working rule easy
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

For ctp 2 there are 46 tile rules to deal with continental shelf’s and every one of them uses -6 and -5 which I don’t have a clue what they are so I am well and truly stuffed with that deep shelf’s plus then I have to add other tile rules all suing the minus symbols fun hey

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
              For ctp 2 there are 46 tile rules to deal with continental shelf’s and every one of them uses -6 and -5 which I don’t have a clue what they are so I am well and truly stuffed with that deep shelf’s plus then I have to add other tile rules all suing the minus symbols fun hey
              rt*hf

Mc, do you have any idea how much time was spent on the information in that help-file? well neither have I, but it is not counted in man-hours, but rather in months. (You probably contributed to it yourself)

Try opening TileEdit, go to Add or Edit TileRule and press the Help-button and you will find the following information:
              • -5: shallow, beach
              • -6: shelf, trench

Remember: If everithing else fails, read the manual (or in lack of a printed version, the help-file)

Martin the Dane
              Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
              Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Ok in the screen shot below you can see I experimented with no borders like Maq did a long time ago, except I added some terrain outside the top left and right edges on the grassland and plains graphics in an attempt to get around the square borders look and make more earth like terrain.

You'll see the gray borders showing the new edges of the terrain. I only made one bigtile of eachgrassland and plain so thats why they look uniform. If this looks good and people like I'm thinking about cutting some of thegood earthy shapes from the mix terrain files of Civ3 and use that on the edges of thesquare tiles and get rid of border rules.

you'll notice that there is still the "triangle cut out problm" that we had with the mountains though.. I might have to "blend" around it so its not square and rigid.
                Attached Files
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

martin

In the tile edit version I have used in the past never had a manual :eek

V3.0.2 for the record

Now I know there’s a help fill I am happy

E

I think you will have a major problem with overlapping look at the grass land beach border its crossing over and nearly hitting the sea

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                    V3.0.2 for the record
                    V0.3.0.20 I presume, the last version without a propper help-file. V0.3.0.21 through V1.0.0.26 used the same help file. The help-file was updated in build 27 with the info on Variation-rules.

But the info is available in "Script file format.txt" from build 8
                    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

well i got the new version after the v rule was added

Comment

You'll see the gray borders showing the new edges of the terrain. I only made one bigtile of eachgrassland and plain so thats why they look uniform. If this looks good and people like I'm thinking about cutting some of thegood earthy shapes from the mix terrain files of Civ3 and use that on the edges of thesquare tiles and get rid of border rules.
                        I agree with the Big M you could have more problems with the borders, but i would like to see the effect with more earthy shapes on the tiles.

I think the reason the unbalanced or uneven look works so well on civ3 tiles is because theyre bigger than ctp2 tiles, they have more room for details, because they dont need borders. With ctp2 tiles i think its more you have to create the detail using a pattern of a few tiles or borders, which is a challenge to look less uniform.

Comment

Maq you are right about the civ3 tiles, they are bigger but also the civ3 system also allows some 20 tiles with different terrains mixed on them to replace grasslands etc, you can see it in there terrain graphics files. If I mess with it enough I probably could do the same if i figure out what the tile rules are like: what tile does Ctp2 pick to put grasland next to desert or to a plains etc, then i could do a mix tile.
                          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Yeah thats right E, but would it produce the same large pattern on the whole terrain? Thats one thing i couldnt really figure out, so i didnt bother trying. I can give you a hand with the terrains if you want.

Comment

Dumb question but how does civ 3 deal with tile borders

Comment

It doesnt, theyre all "full" tiles weaved together so no borders at all. It can be repetitive if you know what to look for, but on the whole it looks random and also looks less blocky because the tiles know which tiles theyre gonna be next to so they can overlap.

ps join #lemuria for the dg chat

Comment

Working...
                                X