No announcement yet.

Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an good idea for you for picking and choosing we may need some help but incorporating you modified tiles along side the original tiles so you can pick and chose
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by E
      Thanks Martin, I'll still work on it. But as you look through the stuff can you or anyone offer any tips on fixing the border problems?
      Ok I did a quick check on the borders. First you seem to have deleted the need-border values for most of the tiles that do need borders. (Fortunately CTP2 has a more inteligent way of hadling that than CTP1 had.)

But for some reason CTP2 uses the same border for all cutout borders around a tile, so you canot have a tile that borders two different terrains without having a tile-graphics that takes the combination into account.
      Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
      Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Martin:
        I used the Tilefile in the database, but I didnt mess with the checks so is that a left over from the Tilefile. Do I just add them but checking blocks.

Is the best way to fix it by just using a regular tile file to replace it or do I have to make separate border graphics?

BigMC:
        As I find graphics I'll post samples to pick and choose from, thanks!
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

How did you add the new graphics?
          Did you:
          • use script?
          • use Add Tile?
          • or use Edit Tile?

In the script-file the line for the tiles have the following format:
          TileSetIndex TerrainID NeededBorders GraphicsFileName

Is the best way to fix it by just using a regular tile file to replace it or do I have to make separate border graphics?
          First of all, yes you do have to make seperate border graphics. The fast way of doing this is to make a version of your graphics that extend all the way to the edge of the "diamond" and let TileEdit cut the apropriate portions out for you.

I'm currently working on an option for TileEdit that will make the cutout of the tiles for the borders as well. I hope to have the new version out within a few days. The status is that I have added all options I wanted, and I'm now debugging it.

As to the the best way of fixing the missing checks, I think it's easiest just to scroll through the tiles and if the needed borders is 0 where it should not be, press edit and set the appropriate marks.

Comment

I used the add tile function.

I'm going to give the border making a shot. The graphics look a bit confusing because you really cant tell which borders are for what, and they dont correspond to the tiles above. Do you have any info on that?

Comment

I used the add tile function.
              Unfortunately TileEdit is not inteligent so it can't figure out whitch boreders are needed based on the imported graphics, so the only option is to do that manually.

Do you have any info on that?
              Yes! lots! Most of it is in the help-file under "Understanding the TileFile", but I admit the help file could be better.

Tile Border has the following two properties: Inside and Outside, being the TileSetIndex of the Tile and it’s neighbour(s) respectively.

In the interface the first number of the Border ID is the TileSetIndex of inner Tile, while the second number is the TileSetIndex of outer Tile.

For those Tile-Combinations that does not have an apropriate border, but do require one, the tile with the TileID #99 (where # is the TileSetIndex) is used.

Comment

Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

I found these graphics....

Hi all ! Well, at the beginning i just wanted to redraw the mountains graphics , but finally , i 've changed much more things . All is far from perfect , all textures don't reloop smoothly and some trees group are too bigs. I will update this post with the latest modifications. But i...

This might be what kin of mountains youre looking for Big MC

Comment

I am looking for something that looks like a mountain with jiggered rocks not like the original from cvi3 the round almost lazy mountains . I want jagged rocks that look like the rock surrounding the marsh in lord of the rings two towers with snow or sand blowing of the desert and snow mountains.
                  "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

did you like my red desert rocks, they are kind of jagged. I could make gray ones like that.

An idea I'm exploring to get around the borders issue is to take advantage of the overlapping. I'm going to try and make grasslands and plains and deserts irregularly shaped (using the top two sides in the hopes that if the tiles are the same terrain the overlap wont be apparent, but if its different terrain the irregular shape will have a more earthly feel instead of the edged borders now.

Maquilador did you try this already? ANyone else experiment with that?

Comment

a little more primordial but don’t get me wrong the desert one is good but I like one sharper with more then one peak as oppose to civ 3 which seams a mountain chain should consist of one large mounting that’s why I like the ctp mountings the ones were you get big tall ones with like a razor coming out the top.

if you make things like me to music which sounds mental but put some heavy rock on or dance that should get the right effect :d

Comment

Nope i never tried that E, anytime i did ignore or experiment with the borders they came back to bite me with horrible overlapping but its been a while since i messed with the tiles.

I might even get round to trying your tilefile soon too i know you put a hella work into it.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I like it, especially the forests jungles and new grasslands, they work really well now even without perfect borders, but obviously the borders will be fixed.

Things i dont really like are the ports (original port grahpics were good anyway werent they?), simple farms (the grain field seems abit simple), nets and fisheries. The light borders around the sea tile imp graphics in particularly dont fit in well with the dark sea tiles. Also the polar mountain looks abit too high, i like the other mountains though

How about using one of these for simple farms? Slightly more detailed.
                          Attached Files
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I like your farms, I'm trying to think of a way to implement a third stage for the irrigation, something like a green house.

I'll mess with the borders. Cant promise anything soon (hopefully before the source code!)

Thanks for the compliments!
                            Last edited by Ekmek; October 21, 2003, 12:26.

Comment

I was thinking why not just keep the original sea tile improvements but make them look more sea worn. Like more browns and greens where the bright blues and reds are. It would seem to fit in more with the whole of your tile file, which appears to be more realistic and detailed overall.

Comment

maquiladora

I have a small sea mod which will come out when i have the tile rules set up correctly and find a way throw slic to activate them in to the main ctp tile fiels.

Comment

Working...
                                X