This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world will end March 21, 2014

Well, not really. But Astronomers have detected a large asteroid, named "2003 QQ47" which could strike the Earth on that date. Of course, the odds are 1 in 909,000!

'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Surely it won't end twice on the same day?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The aliens who are monitoring the experiment *life-on-Earth* wiped out the dinausors first, and now the Man himself. But what do they want exactly ?!!!
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
        Surely it won't end twice on the same day?
        What do you mean? Is there another doomsday prediction scheduled for March 21st 2014?
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

Sorry diplomat but someone beat you to it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
            The aliens who are monitoring the experiment *life-on-Earth* wiped out the dinausors first, and now the Man himself. But what do they want exactly ?!!!
            Maybe they want all the cheese and French wine for themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

What do you mean? Is there another doomsday prediction scheduled for March 21st 2014?
              I was referring to the other (and earlier) thread on the same topic.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Alas poor Diplo's thread. I knew you well.

I predict this thread will end well before the Earth does.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Damn, Skanky beat me to it.

It's your fault
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Alas poor Diplo's thread. I knew you well.

I predict this thread will end well before the Earth does.
                    Could you produce some kind of probability to support your statement ?
                    Statistical anomaly.
                    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I doub tthe world would end, just living on it would suck
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Scientists have estimated the odds of this thread ending at 1 in 908,999. Thems good betting odds!
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

use
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X