No announcement yet.

Sprite Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im having a problem exporting images, i keep getting "List index out of bounds (0)" error popup. Just scanned over the thread but nothing that appears to be the same as this. Any ideas?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• list index out of bounds I think happens any time you click somewhere in the "white space". I haven't had a problem exporting images though, are you just getting the error message or are the images still being made?
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Hi Maquiladora

I have not been able to reproduce the error, so it's a bit hard to guess what the problem is. Can you describe what you do to get the error, which sprites gives the error, etc. and mail me your "spriteedit.ini"

And E, can you be a bit more spesific as I have not been able to reproduce your error either.
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• Martin,
          Mine isnt really an error its just if you click anywhere besides the fields where an image is, it will say index out of bounds.

Comment

• Hi Martin, I sent you an email to (feedback at mbv.dk )

I should also clarify that the screenshot i sent opening that unit, thats not the only unit where i get the error, ive gotten it with every unit ive tried.
            Last edited by Maquiladora; March 8, 2005, 14:14.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Maq your exporting a custom spr file aren’t you I often get this when the file is corrupted in some way. If this is not the case try reinstalling spr rdit.
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Only thing I didnt try was reinstalling

Its working now, although curious to why it happened.

Comment

• Maq, I tried using your .ini-file and now I get the error all the time, so I guess there's a bug I'll have to hunt down. Havn't figured out what causes it yet, but I'll se how much time I have during the week. (btw my main e-mail for SpriteEdit and TileEdit is mtd at mbv.dk)

Comment

• Now im having another problem exporting images. When I export them to two files (pixel with transparency and shadow) the shadow never seems to export right. Even when I export to one file the shadow never appears right, like its cut out or mirrored somehow, in fact most of the shadows I export (white bg, black shadow) theres usually very little or no shadow at all appears, just an all white image for the shadow file.

Im trying to export the images from the blue marine. But ive tried with other units and it does the same. In fact I just tried to export the Infantryman again with the same settings as below and got an error (see pic attached), but I dont get this error with the blue marine.

Im trying to export the images with two file export,

pixel with transparency images - black bg, black shadow
                    shadow images - white bg, black shadow
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Heres the blue marine, its from the Activision ww2 scenario.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I believe I have located the first error, now I'm trying to make a working fix for it. The trouble is that SpriteEdit does not handle empty mask strings, or errors in them, correctly.

And it seems I have have managed to break the non-combined image export functions. thats the source of the access violation error.

Comment

• Martin,
                          Have you had time to work on the sprite editor?

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                            Martin,
                            Have you had time to work on the sprite editor?
                            Unfortunately the answer to that is no. I might get some time during the summer, as that is normally a slow period in both my professions.

Comment

• Martin,

Any chance you can adda scripting function to the sprite editor?

Comment

• E,

It's one of the ultimate goals, but since the Activission SpriteTool is a script-based sprite creator, it has a rather low priority.

Unfortunately I have not had much time and braincells to devote to my recreational programing for quite some time, this past summer turnet out to be rather bussy, and the fall more so. Now I hope to be able to have all buggs and incompatabilities ironed out over the winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X