X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok,

I just released a minor update so the current build is now 0.2.0.8

This is a bug-fix release fixing the following:
    • Fixed emty frame save error (Saving sprites with frames with only background would generate invalid sprites)
    • Fixed error on no background image
    • Fixed reset ini-file so that it does reset the whole ini-file not just parts of it. (was added in build 7)

I' haven't given up on making importing frame-graphics work, I just havn't had the time lately to do much coding on SpriteEdit.

Martin the Dane
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• i no we all have real world problems with work
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• thx martin!! the program works like a charm!!! ive got the cruise missile in Civ:CtP now!! yay!!

Comment

• Hi, I've been following this thread the past few weeks and thought I'd jump in now.

Martin, from what I've read you've made great work, I haven't serieously tried sprite edit yet (only opened some sprites, did not create new ones and try them out in CTP2), but I expect this will be a very useful tool.

Accordingly, I might try and work on some sprites again, probably start over with the Civ3 to CTP2 sprite conversion I had started last year (my computer crashed since and my backup disks got mislaid, so all those sprites are lost, in any case there was a bug in Activision's sprite tool and all the sprites I had created so far had a problem with hotpoints). But I won't know what I can do till I have decided which of my computers I will use for the work (I now have a PC in addition to my Mac, unfortunatelly I don't have Photoshop on the PC, but for the conversions it looks like I won't need that anyhow).

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

• you can download paint shop for free but it is a months trial dependent on your system cloc
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• Yep, I already have paintshop downloaded, just not installed. I've tried it out in the past (under PC emulation of my Mac), but always preferred Photoshop (in last year's sprite conversion project it's macro features proved very useful, I also prefer to work in layers as well as some other Photoshop features).

But for the sprite conversions at least, with your application, use of a graphics program won't even be needed (except to scale the pictures up possibly).

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

• Photoshop has macros where can i get a copy

Comment

• Well, usually you'd have to pay for one:-( Which is the reason why I don't have a copy on my PC yet and only an old one on my Mac. Photoshop has many nice features and I hear the new versions must be heaven, but these programs are just so expensive a non professional graphic artist (or photographer) can't really afford it.

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

• Has Steph been working on a way to get into those Civ3 flcs?
                    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Just a few comments on the editor, ive read most posts in the thread, skimmed a few longer ones...

On exporting images (two files) when choosing the diverse image directories (because i want to export shadows to a different folder) this doesnt seem to work. When i choose diverse directories the shadows dont export at all.

When i choose a single folder to export to, the shadow images export with the same background colour as the image picture, no matter what colours i select for the shadow image.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Hmm. that's odd, I thought I had fixed those

I'll try to fix it soon.

There is a workaround for the directory problem though:
                        Go to the 'File Name Mask' tab and put an %e\ in front of the mask string, then edit the element types for the desired elements.

I know it's not perfect, but I don't think I can have a patch out untill sometimes during the week-end.

Comment

• Oh, the shadow-color problem is that I have forgotten to disable the menu-items for divers colors, when they are not available.

To use different colors for the two images, put a check-mark in the 'cbDiversColors' check-box, then it should work.

I have located the both errors and have a partial fix, so if I get the time I'll have the patch out in a day or two. Else I'll get it out in the week-end.

Comment

• Of course the cbdiversecolours, i wondered what that was for

The directory issue is not such a big thing but thanks for working on a fix so quickly
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I just uploaded a minor update to SpriteEdit.

Changes from Build 8 to 9
                              • Fixed export images directories, so the images are now exported to the correct directories.
                              • Only relevant color options are now available on the export dialog.
                              • Changed a checkbox captoin from cbDiversColors to "Use Divers Colors"

Comment

• Found a bug

I never noticed before but when I exported the ctp war walker I get an extra image instead of the ten I should get I get 11 the first image doesn’t appear to be the first image of the animation.:d

Comment

Working...
                                X