Sprite Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like there is a move to put CTP units into Civ3:

Warning : do not post in this thread before I finish posting all the unit previews. This conversion will go slowly, because I will convert first only what I need for my mod ( a few units), and then only from motivated request. Don't forget that CTP units: - Have not W, bu only E animation...
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I've actually started to convert some as well, the CTP1 musketeer, the ctp2 Infantryman and various ships and artillery units

Comment

As I advertised early

If some one will get me the civ3 custom flc vb code I could make a civ 3 to ctp convert as well as a ctp to civ3 convert does allowing us to use both ctp and civ3 unit creations in both games
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

And this is presicely why SpriteEdit can export the frames as .bmp

Steph (The guy wo started the tread E mentioned) contacted me very early in the development process, and we agreed to cooperate to make the CTP units available in Civ3 and Civ3 units available in CTP.

So If anyone want's to help him out I'm sure he'll apreciate it.

Finally a status on SpriteEdit: I haven't had very much time available lately to code the import system, but I'm still on it.

Martin the Dane
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Martin does that mean Steph is going to help with the civ3 custom flc vb code. If the editor is easy enough to work I'll help with converting Civ3 graphics (especially the fan based ones)

Comment

Yes that's the idea, he'll let us export the frames from the flc's in a format that I can import into SpriteEdit. We'll probably have to add a few things like hotpoints and shieldpoints manually, but most of it should be automated.

Comment

yesss!!!!!!!!!

that means i could add the dino units
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Martin
                  I dont know anything about programming but did look at the code and saw separate files for sprites, I hoping in there it'll help you be able to simplify some of the sprite process to allow more unit makers.

But also, and I'm probably geting way ahead, do you think it will be possible to extend the unit space, allowing for tile over lap for very large units? This will make Civ3 conversion easier since it does that.

Also Do you think there will be a way to get rid of the shield and maybe have custom civ flags instead (We can find nation flags graphics with Civ2, someone made a set)

Finally, I like the Civ3 hidden nationality. I know slic you guys were able to make it attack without waging war, but the shield was a problem. Would there be a possibility to hide the shield?

I figure you have a lot of other ideas how to make units in Ctp2 better than the original and civ3

Comment

Also Do you think there will be a way to get rid of the shield
                    yes it was even in the activision ctp make spr

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                      But also, and I'm probably geting way ahead, do you think it will be possible to extend the unit space, allowing for tile over lap for very large units? This will make Civ3 conversion easier since it does that.
                      Try looking at some of the effect-sprites, they are way larger than 96x72 in fact gx05.spr is 250x197 but I don't know how/if it will work for unit sprites.

I'll certainly add the option for creating sprites that are not 96x72, makespr.exe can do it, so SpriteEdit will be able to as well.

Comment

• if I remember right ones I made a mega city sprite

and the it worked

also my alternative genetic age citys were a few pixels to big to and the same with the alasour I converted form civ3 but the look bad at the side of ctp units

Comment

• im a newbie with mods but im trying to convert the Cruise Missile from CtP2 to Civ:CtP. i have SpriteEdit v0.2.07. i load GU044.spr (the cruise missile sprite) and save it as GU82.spr. but when i try to load Civ:CtP, my monitor goes pink and/or when i try to load this newly saved sprite in SpriteEdit, the program no longer responds and i have to exit by alt+ctl+del. my export option is "Single File". ive got all default options chosen. i really dont know what im doing wrong, am i missing something??

Comment

• when I tried the unit worked fine then i tried to move it then ctp crashed my computer do it is not you

Comment

• I have looked into it, and it seems there is an error somwhere in the save-sprite code, the result is a mismatch between the size of empty frames and the size-value stored in the sprite-file. I have not however been able to locate it more precisely.

I'll try to find and correct the bug.

Martin the Dane

Comment

• I have however located a temp work around but I would not recommend it for a newbie as what you will learn will be obsolete by the next version of martins sprite edit

Comment

Working...
                                X