Sprite Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks IW
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin the Dane
      Ok I have a question for all you potential sprite-artists:
      How do you prefer to work with the individual frames of the sprites?
      Difficuilt question, if I just want to change the color of the sprite e.g. change the color of the uniform of an unit than I don't need the shadow. If I want them to convert them to the makespr 0.3 format two files would be better. If I want to export it and modify it in PSP then one image would be better so I know where to place the shadow. I don't see a need for the three file system. So I would like to see both the two file and the one file system, but as I think the one file system is more of use it should have the higher priority.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

imw what about the continental shelves :d
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

What about them? It's in the picture just after the beach.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ok I've just updated SpriteEdit

Changes from Build 4 to 5[LIST=1][*]Added Background image option (Thanks Imortal Wombat for the image) It is now possible to display an image as the background. You can make your own background image-stripe, first image in stripe should be blank. Color of upper left pixel is transparant color and any pixel in the image with this colr will be replaced by the current background color.[*]Added save as 32 bit tga with alpha. Both with and without the shadow.[*]Added save alpha Mask to 32 bit tga.[/LIST=1]
            There seems to be a bug in the shadow and background color handling.
            I havn't been able to nail it down, so if anyone finds a pattern please let me know.
            The problem is that the shadow and background colors does not always change as they'r suposed to.

I have decided to put all options for saving image frames in there, so you'll have the options of saving each component to seperate files, to same file, and masked without shadow. As to what options I'll put in for loading that's not decided, but as the on file system seems to be the prefered option, I'll put that in, and possibly the two file system as well.

A note on background images: If anyone feels like creating more images, just make all images the same size (any size will do) and save them to one wide .bmp-file, but put a blank frame to the left. On the options menu you can tell SpriteEdit what size each frame has and then load the image. If the image is less than the size of the sprite it is tiled, to fill the whole background. I'll be happy to post a few extra image-stripes on my site.

Comment

Martin there is a problem with gx09.spr on both ctp and ctp2 so you should have the spr file the shadow is going over the image
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                Martin there is a problem with gx09.spr on both ctp and ctp2 so you should have the spr file the shadow is going over the image
                Have looked into the sprite and it seems it's not me but Activision that has a problem with that sprite, for some reason they have saved the shadow and not the image where thay overlaped, so there's nothing I can do. But at least it showed me a situation I'll have to take into account when importing shadow from a seperate image.

For the not so faint-harted here is the cpmplete data-block in Hex mode for line 40 of frame 4

Code:
                24 0A 09 0E 06 0F 01 00 0A 0F 01 00 0F 0F 20 00
                15 0F 40 00 1C 0F 40 00 23 0F 80 00 2B 0F A0 00
                33 0F C0 00 3A 0F E0 00 42 0F 00 01 49 0F 20 01
                4F 0F 20 01 61 0F 40 09 72 0F A0 09 71 0F 80 01
                24 0A 09 0E 06 0F 01 00 0A 0F 01 00 0F 0F 20 00
                15 0F 40 00 1C 0F 40 00 23 0F 80 00 2B 0F A0 00
                33 0F C0 00 3A 0F E0 00 42 0F 00 01 49 0F 20 01
                4F 0F 20 01 61 0F 40 09 72 0F A0 09 71 0F 80 01
                80 0F A1 02 73 0F 60 0A 5C 0F 60 09 5B 0F 40 09
                5B 0F 80 09 59 0F 40 09 65 0F 00 09 7F 0F 00 0A
                76 0F 00 0A 69 0F C0 09 5D 0F 60 01 65 0F 00 02
                5E 0F 80 01 69 0F 61 02 46 0F 00 01 38 0F E0 00
                30 0F 40 00 4D 0F 60 01 30 0F 00 01 10 0F 01 00
                06 0F 01 00 0F FA
                And here is an explanation:
                Code:
                 +-----------  Counter/alpha value
                 |  +--------  Identifier  
                 |  |  +-----  low 8 bit of 16 bit color value
                 |  |  |  +--  high 8 bit of 16 bit color value
                 |  |  |  |
                24 0A        = 36 Blank pixels
                09 0E        =  9 Shadow pixels
                06 0F 01 00  =  1 Pixel with color 00 01 = 00000 00000 0 00001 = very dark blue, alpha 6
                0A 0F 01 00  =  1 pixel with color 00 01 = 00000 00000 0 00001 = very dark blue, alpha 10
                0F 0F 20 00  =  1 pixel with color 00 20 = 00000 00001 0 00000 = very dark green, alpha 15
                15 0F 40 00  =  1 pixel with color 00 40 = 00000 00001 0 00000 = very dark green, alpha 21

--== Have cut out a number of lines ==--

0F FA        = 15 Blank pixels (to end of line)
                Finally I have attached the frame in question, with line 40 marked in the left side of the image.
                Attached Files

Comment

can we ahve a way to turn the shadow off

Comment

can we ahve a way to turn the shadow off
                    Apart from not selecting shadows in the Render-options list, Save Masked Image, and Save Frame? Nope , but that should be plenty. I'll give in a little and save the Render-options to the ini-file.

Ok I admit that the Save-Menu-items-names are a bit unclear.
                    There are 5 Frame Save items:[list=1][*]Save Combined Image - all thre elements Image Pixels, Mask, and shadow is saved. (Mask in alpha chanel)[*]Save Masked Image - Image Pixels are saved with Mask in alpha chanel.[*]Save Frame - only the Image Pixels are saved[*]Save Mask - only the mask is saved, as a grayscale image and in alpha-chanel.[*]Save Shadow - Only shadow is saved.[/list=1]
                    I anyone likes different names, let me know and I'll think about it.

Martin the Dane

Comment

save spr file all the images that make an spr file up

Comment

save spr file all the images that make an spr file up
                        Patience my fiend, patience (where is that sweathing smily???)
                        I'm working on it, both with and without script export. And yes there will be the same for import.

Comment

Patience my fiend
                          My fiend ??
                          Oxygen should be considered a drug
                          Tiberian Sun Retro
                          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

nice one martin i am just working on a new terain strip for you be done very soon

Comment

My fiend ??
                              Oops! Sorry MC Should have been Friend!!!!

And sounds good with that terrain-strip

Comment

i did not notice

Comment

Working...
                                X