Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls get extra school help while boys get Ritalin

Affirmative action for girls?

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

equal shmequal

It's not about equality. It's about total domination.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

ah, let the girls take over. means THEY have to goto work to keep US, THEY have to sort the spiders out, all we need to do is keep the house clean. THEY still even have to have babies (poor girls)
        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Last April, when Kenneth Dragseth, superintendent of schools in Edina, Minn., presented a paper describing his district's gender gap at the American Educational Research Association's annual meeting in Chicago, he says the reception ranged from chilly to hostile. Female education researchers in the audience questioned whether helping boys would mean hurting girls.
          Right, because educating the genders is a zero sum game.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

From my experience with my daughter and her friends from first through tenth grades, now going into eleventh, the gap is largely one of work ethic and attitude, even in the same family. The kids who do the best (and yeah, a majority are girls) get into their homework before they do their own fun stuff, and they consistently spend more time studying and working their asses off.

The relatively few boys who equal or exceed their performance generally work as hard as the girls.

The kids (of both genders) who don't do as well generally, but not exclusively, don't put the effort in.

Whatever the "real" situation is, you have to adjust for individual work effort -- I've spent the last ten years watching the difference with a decent sized group of kids.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Female education researchers in the audience questioned whether helping boys would mean hurting girls.
              These kind of bull****ters are (part of) what's wrong with America. I hope their little ****er asses get deported to North Korea.

All gals had to do was clean the place, cook dinner, and they got to ***** all over their husband while doing it! But no, they want more...I mean, I'm all for womens' equality, but we have had that. Women today want power, and it makes me sick.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

These kind of bull****ters are (part of) what's wrong with America. I hope their little ****er asses get deported to North Korea.

All gals had to do was clean the place, cook dinner, and they got to ***** all over their husband while doing it! But no, they want more...I mean, I'm all for womens' equality, but we have had that. Women today want power, and it makes me sick.
                As opposed to "men" having power since the beginning of the species?
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Mike, Boys and girls will put in the effort if there is someone around to watch them and make them do as they are told.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                    As opposed to "men" having power since the beginning of the species?
                    Actually... some anthropologists think that male dominance didn't arise until the domestication of animals. Older archeological evidence suggests that among primitive humans, females tended to be the power holders, since they bore the kids. There wasn't a widespread concept that men had anything to do with children being there. That changed when men began herding sheep and cattle. They quickly put two and two together and realized the male was needed for breeding. So in addition to the rise of the concept of property, men now began to assert ownership of women, since men could now show that not only were they bigger and stronger, but they were just as vital to the continuation of the species.

Another theory is that it was the rise of the alphabets that switched societies from matriarchal to patriarchal. Something about alphabets is much more suited to the male brain than the female brain, so societies that developed them saw a surge in male dominance.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Eh. Sorry if I appear more sexist than I should be, I get mad (like anyone should) when I read things like the quote I had.

It's my opinion that you can't give reparations on transgressions that have happened to people in the past. Doing so creates things like the Egyptians suing for their gold back. What is the statute of limitations of this? How much do they want? It's not possible to represent your ancestors in a court of law, as it's just as likely that they would have wanted you to grow out on your own being an equal in your own time, rather than gaining additional power that you didn't earn and instead took it off your grandpa's back, so to speak.

Thus, power and reparations are not what we as a nation should aim for. Equality is the goal of these movements. Every person should be equal, and should not be forced to pay debts of their ancestors, nor recieve credits to their ancestors.

Again, sorry for being so immediately jackassed. It just "burns me up" to think people actually believe that kind of thing.

Comment

And, by the way, there were several ancient societies (and even lasting into the midieval ages) that had female leaders. I hate to say exactly what my great enemies, the feminazis, say, but you could call male rule a European invention.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Actually... some anthropologists think that male dominance didn't arise until the domestication of animals. Older archeological evidence suggests that among primitive humans, females tended to be the power holders, since they bore the kids. There wasn't a widespread concept that men had anything to do with children being there. That changed when men began herding sheep and cattle. They quickly put two and two together and realized the male was needed for breeding. So in addition to the rise of the concept of property, men now began to assert ownership of women, since men could now show that not only were they bigger and stronger, but they were just as vital to the continuation of the species.

Another theory is that it was the rise of the alphabets that switched societies from matriarchal to patriarchal. Something about alphabets is much more suited to the male brain than the female brain, so societies that developed them saw a surge in male dominance.
                          and the evidence for this is in:

a) chimps
                          b) gorillas
                          c) orangs

or, and I suggest you pick this one

d) none of the above, the anthropologists were just after column inches and/or funding

Comment

I posted on this some time back and have added to this thread with another. Again we go back to the sexes are different and funding. A balance will happen but without damage? Not likely, Micheal, girls and boys are different, learn different etc...

Micheal what was the last book your teacher had her read? Was it godzzila vs he man? Or was it snow white?

Dig in before you answer because I think you are absorbed in your moment...

If the teacher asked your daughter the do an essay on GI joe would she be interested? Would she do it just to get marks? Would she get good marks? Would she come home ready to study GI Joe? How long would GI-JOE hold her interest?

Now if your teacher geared the program towards fem interest's your daughter has a passing mark///

What about the boys? I think you dismiss this way too fast.

Or should he be outside killing ants until the teacher explains an ants life? All the social, defence, structure, animalistic, gathering, domineering, nurturing, organized and other wise interesting on topic of interest to boys aspect of and ants life. In such a way that boys understand and learn from thier teachings?
                            Of course we could say the seven dwarfs were vile right?

No that is not my single opinion do some reading on the subject.

Now if a boy can not sit still while we talk about snow white should he be medicated? If we talk about GI-JOE would he get excited? Is that normal? Do we medicate him for being male? If he likes snow white is he gay?
                            Any parent knows this is wrong, boys and girls are different and have different interest's. To medicate one because they do not conform to the standards of the other is abuse... Or to medicate them because they do conform and or call them gay is abuse....Period...

It shows social engineering has swung way to far to the right.

You decide...
                            Last edited by blackice; August 29, 2003, 23:54.
                            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                            Or do we?

Comment

Actually, a few advanced cultures, like the Minoans, we female dominated. There is evidence that the female ruler's consort was SACRIFICED! I think the reason that most societies are patriarchal was because warlike people were usually male domminated and peaceful peoples, such as the minoans, tend to be peaceful. the peaceful people were conquered by the warlike ones. The Proto-Indo-Europeans were extremely male dominated they worshiped a supreme male diety asocciated with the sky and thunder, called Dyeus Paeter (Sky Father). The name evolved into Zeus, Jupiter, and Odin, among others, and all the desended cultures stayed patriarchal. Where ever they settled, the Indo-Europeans put thier sky god as the leader of the polythiestic religion of the people they conquered.

Anyway, classrooms makes boys stay still for tool long, this isn't a psycological problem, it is boys being boys. The teachers are just too lasy and underpaid to take it in stride; also, most elementary teacher are women.

Comment

Working...
                              X