pediaicons crash - can't find why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pediaicons crash - can't find why

I've been play-testing a little bit of a mod I did for myself, and I get a game crash just before the middle of the medieval era, probably around the AI's discovery of gunpowder.

The crash is saying that there is a line missing from the pediaicons.txt file, but it doesn't say exactly what. It gives an animn_ and then nothing more. Is there a way to force Civ3 to create a log file of the error?

I did find a typo in my pediaicons.txt that I have since corrected, but the crash still happens -- does Civ3 not reload it even though the game is still going? I wonder, is there a utility someone has made that will check for missing things as they game would?

Maybe I could send my save game to someone if they feel they could check it out.

You should try to restart Civ3 entirely after having changed your pediaicons.txt.
    You should also make sure that each of your civilopedia.txt PRTO entries has a corresponding ANIMNAME in the pediaicons.txt.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The game crashes to desktop with the error, so it is of course a restart after changing it.

I've looked through both those files and everything looks OK to me.

Comment

Working...
      X