• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neon genesis evangelion

ok, just started watching this

am on episode 14

I know that there are some people who are really really into it here

could you link me info on the mysticism used (I know that it is judaic or related to that)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Not this cartoon again
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I don't go insane over things

the only Anime I have boughten was FCLC

my freinds are the ones who are interested in the mysticism

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon, you brought up the subject. Therefore you should be banned, tied to a wall, and flogged a thousand times.

:shame;
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

The mysticism is not really what the show is all about in my opinion... Just relax and enjoy the story...

And what a cool story it is. Pen Pen!!! Do you like it so far?
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

we haven't had a thread on this for quite a while

and it wasn't a CG thread, so it goes here

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I have a terrific link about this, but sadly, most important parts aren't translated in English and are in French. Here you go anyways:
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I do like it

some characters and the like are sometimes annoying, but the imagery and scenes and all are good

like blue gender (seems to have) has a decent story, but I can't stand to watch it (I have watched part of 4 episodes)

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Not this cartoon again
                  Don't be such a hater, dude.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Can someone put aside all the jibber-jabber and explain the plot of this cartoon? I tried the link provided by Spiffor, but...

I really hate that about any series, cartoon or otherwise: never explaining a clear plot/purpose for the show on its promotional site or worse fansites whose content consists of pretty pictures and a bunch of garbled information.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Jon, note that Spiffor's link is chock full of spoilers. Those should be avoided at all costs when in the middle of Evangelion...

I have to add also that the site behind that link has some common errors Eva enthusiasts have a tendency to make. Like with LCL (nowhere is "Link Connected Liquid" officially confirmed). Hell, misinformation is so abundant on Eva that finding facts can be an impossible exercise.

am on episode 14
                      Finish the series and watch The End of Evangelion first, then come back to us. Most of the judaistic elements, for instance, aren't emphasised until the final episodes and EoE. The most you've seen so far have been a handful of (real) angel names and a cross here and there.

I agree with monolith, though. It's about the characters, not the symbols. It's unlikely the makers studied the backgrounds of the stuff they used that much, so most things they put in were not conscious decisions. They did know their angel names: Sandalphon, for example, is the angel of childbirth.

The elements of mysticism are a cool addition, though, and are fun to think over if you're that kind of a person.
                      Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 22, 2003, 00:14.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Can someone put aside all the jibber-jabber and explain the plot of this cartoon?
                        There's a challenge. You mean the 26 eps of the TV series or with EoE added? With the latter it'd be somewhat simpler. Or more complicated.

I could give it a shot right now but I have to leave for school.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

There's a challenge.
                          Somehow, I knew that would be the FIRST response...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It's an interesting opportunity. I've written about many of the things in Evangelion, like the duality stuff in EoE, but I've never actually tried to condense the story in a sense-making manner.

The important question here is, have you seen EoE? Somehow I suspect you haven't, as it clears things up a great deal. If you've finished with eps 25 and 26, I can relate to your confusion.

Comment

by this time tomorrow I expect I will be up to episode 24, or done with the series, or done with the series and the movie

I have watched 27 episodes of anime the last two days (mostly NGE and Vampire Princess Muyi)

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X