Troop/Unit Transport Plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop/Unit Transport Plane?

I was wondering if I could say simply make the Bomber into a troop transport plane?

I am not sure if I would need other entries somewhere or if the units.txt file is all?

On a related note, I would like to load it with say 6 slots

also, if I put paratroopers in, allow them to paradrop from the plane..

Am I still suffering from post-halleusanageneic drugs or is this remotely possible?

Thanks

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

B*U*M*P!!!!!!!

Sorry I must have run up on my thread by accident..bumped it in the middle of the night...

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

It is possible just give the bomber these flags:

CAN_CARRY_SMALL_LAND
      CAN_CARRY_MED_LAND
      PARATROOPER_TRANSPORT

And make shure that its TRANSPORT_CAPACITY equals 6. That should it be. Note that I grabbed these values from the C17_TRANSPORT, don't know why it can't be build in the default game, maybe there is an AI problem, so try it.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I will try over holidays..

Thanks much Martin!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          It is possible just give the bomber these flags:

CAN_CARRY_SMALL_LAND
          CAN_CARRY_MED_LAND
          PARATROOPER_TRANSPORT

And make shure that its TRANSPORT_CAPACITY equals 6. That should it be. Note that I grabbed these values from the C17_TRANSPORT, don't know why it can't be build in the default game, maybe there is an AI problem, so try it.

-Martin
          Ok..works fine..Thanks!

Now..one other question...is there a default sprite for the transport?

Or did it not make the cut?

I havent tried looking..BUT..I know I have used the cattle on occasion for my settler sprite

Peace
          and thanks again for help!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Probably it has a sprite, if you want to test just remove the CANT_BUILD from UNIT_C17_TRANSPORT like you did it with the cow unit. To get the sprite number you should look for SPRITE_C17_TRANSPORT in the SpriteID.txt. I think there must be a sprite otherwise the game could crash.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I guess the reason why the C17 can't be builded is, that the paratrooper actually is using the C17-sprite when "flying" from one city/airbase to another place.

Anyway, the C17 is a complete unit. If you remove the CAN'T BUILD flag, one could use it for transporting one landunit, size small or med(ium). I say, one should also change the value for SHIELD_COST to 1000 or something like that - else the unit is "free of charge" .
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

VERY good Birdie, I am impressed, because actually the paratrooper does "Change" when in mode of flight.

Thanks

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Working...
                X