Red Front...good job Nemo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Front...good job Nemo!

Since I won't waste another post about this in the Best WWII Scenario Award thread (thanks for screwing that up as well Nick) I'll just post it here. Mao asked me how my game was going so I post my reply here. This is how it went in brief:

Summer 1941: I got my ass kicked...and not just a little! Damn Nazi bastards

Winter 1941: I tried 3 counter offensives (north, centre, south). In the north I defeated the Germans so that Leningrad and the cities around it are safe. In the centre I didn't stand a chance near Vitebrisk (or whatever the city is called) because for every tank I destroyed 2 more popped up. n the south I managed to retake two cities, but the Germans were still putting up one hell of a fight.

Summer 1942: In the north the situation is still under control. Near Moscow the germans are still moving forward, but they didn't get anywhere near Moscow itself (thank God). In the south things went downhill...after a new Blitrzkrieg I lost all cities west of Rostow. After the Bridge event I couldn't bring reinforcements to Rostow from Stalingrad so I lost that city as well. After that the battle for Stalingrad started, and the Caucasus was i danger of attacks as well. Just when I was losing the winter came...

Winter 1942: I stopped the siege of Sytalingrad, but I couldn't retake Rostow . In the centre I did launch an effective counter-attack capturing 3 cities (Tula, Slovobrisk, Vitebrisk).

Summer 1943: I'm just starting here...but the Germans have already recaptured Vitebrisk and are moving those damn Karl guns to Stalingrad (they have 4 since I liberated that city were the event started, and then they captured it again)...

In short, it has been damn though...Good job Nemo! Does anyone else has some stories/strategies about their games?

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

I sure do, Mark.
    Basically, in 1941 I just built red armies in all the cities I knew would be captured just to slow the nazi offense until General Winter arrived. Some of the cities, like Orel and Bryansk, never did fall to the evil invaders, so that was nice. When the winter came, I was in pretty good shape (I played on emperor)

During the winter, I set out to industrialize every square in the Urals like Komrade Nemo has suggested, and it paid off later big time. The germans really lagged in the winter, so I obviously used the time to fortify my position. When summer came, I had a pretty sizable industry base and was discovering new techs about every five turns.

Then I built airports in all remote cities. THIS IS A MUST for instant transport from the remote Siberian cities to the front. It may not be historical, but it bloody works. So the story continues...Battle here, battle there, and before you knew it, I had captured Berlin, Buchurest, and Hamburg.

Near the end, I think I had about 150 T-34/85s, 40 Tank hunters, 25 JS-2 heavies, 30 LA-5s, 50 Schturmoviks, 60 Yaks, and 40 Little Kates. TigerIIs did present a problem, but the Soviet Unions now streaches coast...
    to coast.

[This message has been edited by Djugashvili (edited December 25, 1999).]
    [This message has been edited by Djugashvili (edited December 25, 1999).]
    sigs are for fools who havent said enough!

Comment

Ahhh, King Mao. I think you are on to something...

------------------
      "When You Kill One, It Is A Tragedy. When You Kill 10 Million, It Is A Statistic"
      -Comrade Stalin

Comment

King? Who is King? I am a proletarian! I am one of the people! A worker! Hail Komrade Nemo!
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

(Hey, It's Catching On!)
          My Mistake, Brother. Komrade Nemo is the true king. I was just refering to the title under your user name, but yes, it should be proletarian. Me, I'm still a slave. Sigh.

------------------
          "When You Kill One, It Is A Tragedy. When You Kill 10 Million, It Is A Statistic"
          -Comrade Stalin

Comment

Building T-26s in the Urals is almost CHEATING... Keeping a few cities producing I-16s at the end of the Summer of 41 even if you haven't discovered Advanced Flight I is OK though, I do it...but I have stayed away from that other trick.

Comment

T-26

AHHHHHH the numbers!

Comment

Why is it cheating? Just helpin out the war effort (wink wink)...

Comment

Oh yeah....and I'm sure no one built an airport in UK right?

Comment

Oh, and Djugashvili, I think you're looking for this:

Comment

Yeah, how do you do that little smiley-santa thing?

Comment

*Magic*

When you have reached the level of King...you shall know the truth.

Comment

Oh, yeah? Well maybe I'll dispose of you and steal your "magic".

Remember,

------------------
                          -Comrade Stalin

Comment

But there's only one of me, and it would be a tragedy

Comment

If you really want to know, just edit this post:

Comment

Working...
                              X