A detailed list of the bad things Bush did while in presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A detailed list of the bad things Bush did while in presidency

How about we make a list of all the bad things Bush did, but describe each thing well. Then I can send it to all the conservatives that live in my state. Well, I won't do that but next time someone says 'Bush is a great president' I will swat them down. The main problem when I argue about that topic is that I don't know where to start.

I'll start out with this list. He violated international law and invaded Iraq merely to gain voters (he sent 200,000 troops over there before he started negotiating with Iraq, so whatever happened Iraq would be invaded). He told the public that Iraq wasn't letting inspectors in so it would be invaded, and then Iraq did let them in, but he still invaded. He convinced the public that Iraq would attack us, so we had to get Iraq. Yeah, like a deer is going to attack a wolf. All by doing this he severely hurt America's reputation throughout the world.

I am leaving out anything for this particular decision Bush made?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Bush is a great president.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Gee... yet another let's bash Bush thread...

yawn...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No this isn't just 'another Bush bashing thread', it is the ultimate list. This isn't just 'Bush is bad' this is an intelligent thread with well thought out points. Well, at least I hope it turns out that way.
        "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Bush is a great president... Let's have a Clinton bashing thread instead.

BTW, I live in Boise, how about a Helen Chenoweth bashing thread

Comment

Bush hasn't legalized public nudity and marijuana

Comment

You're from Boise? You're the first person from Idaho I've met on the forums! Except I'm from northern Idaho, the good part.

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                this is an intelligent thread with well thought out points.

Dream on... why should yet another bush bashing thread be any different than the previous ones...
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

You complain about bush bashing threads, so where are the pro-bush threads
                  cIV list: cheats
                  Now watch this drive!

Comment

All the bashing ones turn into pro-Bush threads

With all the crap this country has had to endure since his election I think he is doing a great job.

to the recent moves on the war on terror.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I have a dream, that this thread will be different then the other Bush-bashing threads.

Anyway, you gotta love those news videos when they do a story on terrorism or politics or whatever. Where they show that screen 'America on Alert' or 'War on Terror' or 'War on Iraq' and they play that corny sounding news music. I almost fell out of my chair when Jon Stewart made one called 'America Freaks Out'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        Bush hasn't legalized public nudity and marijuana
                        Well that's it, he lost my vote.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I was kind of hoping for examples, like 'operation x did so much good' or 'new enviroment policy penalizes polluters', not just thoughts..
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by MattH
                            You complain about bush bashing threads, so where are the pro-bush threads
                            Whether pro or bash... they all turn into the same crap.
                            The rabid anti bush crowd foam at the mouth, and the "he can do nothing wrong" crowd raise to the bait and contribute their own silly nonsense.

The reality is somewhere in the middle. He's done some good stuff... and some bad stuff. Unfortunately, the people on the extremes will not waiver on any issue... continuing to see things in the black and white view only possible from a closed mind.

So what's the point.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I can't name a good thing Ming. Enlighten an extremist such as myself. oh wait... the child internet thingy might be good. I recall he signed some bill that aids in catching pedophiles.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X