Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do other people in other cultures bathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, AS, you beat my record for dirtiness. Up till two years ago, I didn't bathe at all.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Kramerman:

i doubt that... a 4 or 5 year old is too young to be taking a shower... you would've slipped and banged your head on the faucet.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

nah, i vividly remember my brother and i taking showers together at that age... but i do take that back... i did take a ubble bath when i was like 6
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

That's what faucets are there for AS.
          If that was actually a problem, a faucet would be a hole in the wall, maybe with a small spout.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
            nah, i vividly remember my brother and i taking showers together at that age...
            What?! American barbarians!

I usually did and do take a bath once a week. Except in India. Trust me, not bathing at all in India is better than bathing in the water they give.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Tass, they were 4.
              XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

What?! American barbarians!

I usually did and do take a bath once a week. Except in India. Trust me, not bathing at all in India is better than bathing in the water they give.
                oh, and you i presume never bathed with a sibling??
                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Tass, you really need to get over this puritin (sp?) complex mate...

Didn't you take showers with your mom or dad as an infant??
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I never bathe.

I shower every night before I go to bed though, and this saves me time in the morning.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I usually shower every morning. There are some weekend days where I just don't bother though.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: How often do other people in other cultures bathe?

Originally posted by Kramerman
                        My mother told me when she lived in Europe in the '70s (in germany, tho travled around), that many women in Germany didnt shave and it was common pratice to take only one bath a week.
                        Once per week? That often? Horrible!
                        Blah

Comment

A more accurate question would be 'when do people in other cultures bathe/take shower'.

I remember having behave barbarian to frenchies by taking my shower the morning and not the evening.
                          In France they seem to bath/take shower the evening: 'don't make the sheets dirty with your day sweat', while in Belgium we bathe/take shower the morning: 'don't make you clothes dirty with your night sweat'.

Usually home, I take a shower every morning.
                          When it's hot or when I am in warmer countries I may take a shower before getting dressed and a bath (if available, otherwise, second shower) before going to bed.
                          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                            i have not taken a single bath in twelve years...
                            Yay! Sig line!
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I bathe every second day (before I go to sleep) and I am said to bathe very often
                              If it is very hot I often also take a shower in the days between.

Don´t know how often other people here in Germany bathe.

After all there is also a certain awareness about how much water gets wasted with every bath, which is why many people here often just shower instead of taking a bath (uses much less water)

So I can be considered to be some kind of ecological sinner in my country
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Only if a shower uses less than half the water of a bath.
                                XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                                X