Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do other people in other cultures bathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do other people in other cultures bathe?

I was curious about this.

In the US, it is customary to bathe at least once a day... rarely do most people fail on this, and many bathe more frequently. I personally bathe once a day, almost without fail (i failed today tho). i like showers, and i usually take them in under 15 minutes. i would take them faster but im usually tired when i shower and i often blank out and stare into space and dont realize it.

I remember reading that in Japan they usually take 3 baths a day. I personally find that kind of excessive compulsive.

My mother told me when she lived in Europe in the '70s (in germany, tho travled around), that many women in Germany didnt shave and it was common pratice to take only one bath a week.

Were these things true or are they still true?

How often do people in your region bathe? how often do YOU bathe and how long does it take ya?
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

I live in a desert with drought problems. One shower a week for fifteen minutes. Uses one seventh as much water as a daily shower.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

whoah

time to break out the frankensence

where you at?

replace sawfish with blackbox
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

damn... how could people not shower once a day or twice a day in the summer? europeans are truly barbarians
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Ted: I've been using Sawfish for two years now. Unless Blackbox has better viewport handling and a scriping language (sawfish understands elisp) I probably won't switch.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

oh well if you like scripting your fine then

i just like blackbox because it's so simple and light
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The Pretty much standard once a day (Bath 15-20 mins), apart from the rare days when I have nothing to do, and I dont end up leaving the house.

An Evening bath can occasionally be good, but that is more for enjoyment rather than hygeine purposes.
              Up The Millers

Comment

i have no idea why you two are talking about marlins and the little box that tell people about the last moments of a crashed airplane.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

and do people shower or bathe? aint bathing disgusting? sitting in your filth...

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                    i have no idea why you two are talking about marlins and the little box that tell people about the last moments of a crashed airplane.
                    dude he is from the desert so is obviously Al Queda and out to destroy us

Comment

AS - I can see how Showering would be more clean, however, When you live in a cool climate and are an office worker, you dont have too much 'filfth' to bath in, and it's insignificant at the temperature i have a bath.
                      Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Worthingtons
                        The Pretty much standard once a day (Bath 15-20 mins), apart from the rare days when I have nothing to do, and I dont end up leaving the house.

An Evening bath can occasionally be good, but that is more for enjoyment rather than hygeine purposes.
                        15-20 minutes??!? holy crap.

Comment

Just rinse down after your bath, same thing.
                          -

I always take showers, I think I used my bath once or twice in four years.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i have not taken a single bath in twelve years...

Comment

i dont think ive taken a bath since i was 3, but i have nothing against them. showers are just more convenient
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X