Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do other people in other cultures bathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shower every day, and when it is too hot I shower at least twice a day. In my country we have to do it every day, otherwise social life becomes unbearable.

I usually shower before I go to bed, I like a clean sleep.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I shower once a day (twice if I do a lot of exercise and get sweaty). Very rarely ever take baths.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        I shower every night before I go to bed though, and this saves me time in the morning.
        If I shower at night then when I wake up I'm already greasy and disgusting.

If I don't have a shower in the morning then I don't feel human.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

If I shower at night then when I wake up I'm already greasy and disgusting.

If I don't have a shower in the morning then I don't feel human.
          To each his own -- I am not a good wake-up person, so in the morning, it's a blessing that I save time by having taken a shower the night before so I'm not running around with my head chopped off.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't wake up easy either. I have to station my alarm across the room because if I put it close to the bed then it'll get turned off without me even being conscious.

My girlfriend calls my waking-up personality "Mr. Grumpy"

She once woke me up, and I told her to "**** off" repeatedly (I have no recollection of this).
            Another time she called me up at 10 on a saturday (with her friend on conference) and asked if I wanted to do anything that day. I apparently moaned "no" repeatedly into the phone before hanging up.

When I was younger I was known to throw things at my mother when she got me up for school.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's because I'm not a good wake-up person that I NEED a shower in the morning... so that I am able to wake up. Nothing does that better than water in your face.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                It's because I'm not a good wake-up person that I NEED a shower in the morning... so that I am able to wake up. Nothing does that better than water in your face.
                Well, by the time I start having my breakfast, I'm all pumped up and ready to go -- it's just the matter of crawling out of bed for me.

Comment

I shower each day when I get up so I can be clean and fresh as a face each day. If I'm going out on a date or clubbing with my friends then I'll take a second shower before I go out. First impressions are lasting impressions so you don't want to be a stinky poo when you finally are talking to the girl of your dreams.

When I was in the Army we'd go out into the field for up to two weeks and you couldn't shower or bath at all during that time. Still, I always brought a packet of baby wipes with me so I could at least freshen up a bit each day and I had a change of clothes in case I had to give a briefing to someone important.
                  Last edited by Dinner; August 13, 2003, 15:41.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh, on Friday night, or Saturday night when I go out, I shower before I go out -- not immediately before I go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Exactly. The though of nice, hot water on my face is all that drags my sorry ass out of bed most mornings.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If I have the time, I'll have a bath, in the evening. Very warm and comfortable, and I'll usually take a comic so that I can read.

Otherwise, I'll just shower in the morning.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

bathing here is unheard of. WAY too much water spent. Shower is the way to go.

once a day.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

We've got some ridiculous percentage of the world's fresh water, so wasting water doesn't matter.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

During college, I spend about 1 hour per day taking showers. Generally this means 1-2 showers. Yes, this is horribly wasteful, but I like having nice warm water running down over me. Gives me time to think and relax.
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

i think Victor Galis does something else than think and relax in that hour-long shower...
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X