Does anybody know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know...

How far this game got developed? Did it die as just an idea, or was there some coding going on? What was the basic premese supposed to be, gameplay wise?
    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

It must not have gotten far because the only links to info are at apolyton and there's not much here.

Comment

A lot of the artwork was finished. A working prototype was definately completed. But they hadn't gotten around to deciding what the object of the game would be. But I seem to remember Sid saying that they were playing dinosaurs at the Firaxis headquarters. I.E. some sort of game had been coded.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

That's odd they would get a working game together then just abandon it. Maybe they'll give it away as a freebie on the Pirates! II disk.

Comment

Yeah...but I think it was more a matter of them moving dinosaurs around the game map. I don't think that aby objectives had been set, or that they even knew what they wanted to do with this game.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Probably just a prototype of the game. I remember reading that Sid would code these prototypes to test his ideas out. Obviously this one didn't pan out.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It would have been cool to send an army of stegosaurs wielding spears into a city to take it over. Sigh... Maybe he'll revisit it.

Comment

That's odd they would get a working game together then just abandon it.
                Strange are the ways of Sid - He's been known to put projects aside, sometimes for years, then come back to them.

BTW, was this supposed to be turn-based or real-time?
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

The few things they said about this, all hinted at a real time game. But in what form, we'll never know

Asmodean

Comment

Working...
                  X