supply=demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supply=demand

I am relatively new to civilization (a couple years of playing TOT, which, by the way, I think is great no matter what you all say) and have been going through the archives and have yet to see anything reported like this, though I am sure it must have been mentioned somewhere. Anyways, in my game I built a caravan in Vancouver and checked the supply/demand window to see which cities demanded gold and noticed the city which had just built the caravan both supplied and demanded gold. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Here's the screenshots:

pic1
    pic2

sorry about the poor quality
    [This message has been edited by m qu (edited April 28, 2001).]
    Not all women are annoying. Some are dead.

Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.

m qu - Welcome to the wonderful (if sometimes mystifying) world of Civ. This apparent trade anomaly has been noted before and debated. No one seemed to be able to come up with a solid explanation. In fact, the demands cities make, why they make them, and why and when the demands change, are all a bit of a puzzle.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Horse and Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

i have seen this too... just last night in an mp game with the boyz..... but my caravan could not go to the city which built it even though it demanded it.....

Oh well i sent it to my capital and reaped the benefits of 32g
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Ya I tried that too War, but the city that built the caravan obviously couldn't establish a trade route with itself so I just used it to build a wonder.

By the way War4ever, you are from Vancouver and the city that built the caravan in the game was Vancouver. I think thats pretty neat (I don't think anyone needs to make comments about how lame my life is, I am quite aware of it).
        Not all women are annoying. Some are dead.

Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.

Comment

Working...
        X