Ctp2 Source Code To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctp2 Source Code To Be Released

ATVI EP confirms that source code for Call To Power II will be available as open source.

No dates yet, but this is STRAIGHT from the horse's mouth (and the lead programmer, the network programmer, the gamestate programmer).

LET US REJOICE!! OPEN SOURCE FOR ALL!!!

Ewww, GUI open source. Don't look there; I wrote some HORRIBLE code.

'I'm a lover, not a programmer.'
    Attached Files
    -30-

Anyone interested in forming a group to make CTP2 a playable game?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

All we need is one BILLION DOLLARS and we WON'T BLOW UP THE WORLD WITH OUR FRICKIN' SHARKS WITH LASERS ON THEIR HEADS!!!! Muahahahahaha!
      -30-

Comment

just in time to coincide with Poly's fifth birthday!

(well, it will be a belated present...)
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Very, very good news.

Comment

Excellent news, St Swithin

Of course, this was already more-or-less public knowledge (it's been a topic of discussion in the CtP2 forums for some time now), but your confirmation makes it even more official

Can we look forward to some more of your colourful comments?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Good news
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Great news!

Anyone interested in forming a group to make CTP2 a playable game?
                Hope you're serious about this.

Comment

Activision gets another cookie, after releasing Wolf ET for free
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Excellent!

I think we need to go start something for civ2 as well.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Heh, I believe we're stripping out a bunch of references to people whom we'd prefer not to upset.

Some of us were, well, somewhat verbose in our usage of comments in releasing anger and pent-up frustrations. (Not like that isn't apparent if you've seen some of the SLIC scripts - sorry kids!)

Anyway, source code sans slagging is a good thing.

I'm no longer making any games. I purposely do not go to the CTP2 forums or any other game-specific forum.

1.5 years ago, I was 'laid off' for the final time by Treyarch (aka Activision), and I have been gainfully unemployed ever since.

I was told by EALA, Vivendi Universal, Black Ops, and Rockstar that I am 'too immature,' 'unprofessional' and 'not ready to work for companies of the caliber of EA'.

Oh well. At least I got to work with some of the greatest programmers in the world (and you know who you are, MrOgre, Pyaray, MBR, Richard, Frustum, Paul, MD, JBare, Chaos, and I'm sure I'm missing some, but y'all know who you are). I had a good run, and you guys taught me everything I know (well, almost everything - I forgot to mention THE greatest programmer in the world: My Dad).

I always rejoice at the release of open source. It's what real programmers are made of!

Joe, you're still a grammar nazi.
                      -30-

Comment

'I'm a lover, not a programmer.'
                        Promises, promises.

Comment

Oh yeah? Wait til you see some of the crap I wrote. It'll be PAINFULLY apparent then. Thank God for silent, tacit code review by my superiors
                          -30-

Comment

What's your workaround face again?

Comment

God save and praise Activision.:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X