X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds cool...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My stepmom told me that she wouldn't leave me a penny when she died. I never cared about that, so it never bothered me. HA, you evil b1tch. Take THAT!

My beloved Dad told me the only thing he could leave me was the ability to take care of myself. Most of the time, I'm pretty good at it, but I'm finding that having good friends helps me get through the rough bits.

I'm NOTHING like I am on the forums. Here I have the freedom to edit my thoughts, whereas in RL, my big mouth mutinies against my brain on a regular (and occasionally alarming or offensive) basis.
      -30-

Comment

I think I would like you in RL st_swithin
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
          My beloved Dad told me the only thing he could leave me was the ability to take care of myself.
          That's the way it should be IMHO. My parents (who are solidly upper-middle-class and have a few quid in the bank) recently told me they don't plan to leave me much of an inheritence because they're gonna spend their money before they die. They seemed to think I would be shocked/upset/outraged by this, but I totally wasn't. Hell, it's their stuff and they can do whatever the **** they want with it. They've brought me up well and if I can't make it on my own that's my problem.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It's funny - I grew up really poor, even though my stepmom came from money. After my dad died, she started making a pile of money, and now she's comfortably well-off (easily 7 digits).

She tells me she still won't leave me a penny, and I hope very much that she stays true to her word, just like my Dad.

Sava: trust me, you wouldn't if you saw me. I'm no Brad Pitt or Jennifer Aniston, you know?
            -30-

Comment

Now that the source code is about to be released I have only one regret which is that I am not a programmer myself. It means I will have to wait for the others to mod the game and design the perfect 4X TBS game while being unable to help them.

But this is still a great news!

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Good Grief! I haven't posted, or even looked in, here for a long time (embarrassed at not having the time to finish promised CTP2 mods), - check things out on a whim and what do I find...

Wow. This is like died and gone to heaven. Just...wow. (My large-scale C/C++ is rusty, but lord, I wanna see that code!)

Max kudos to Activision. I will not be using the word f***wittage in connection with them ever again.

Fin
                --

Fin

Comment

Oh heck, I'll say it anyway: FVCK (most of) ACTIVISION AND THE UGLY NAG SHE RODE IN ON.
                  You are the 2nd ex Activision person to have had grief there that I know of.

The first was Neil Jackson, from the first period of Activision's existence (circia ?-1989)

God only knows what that dude's up to now.

As for CTP2 - might make an intersting educational project for me - but I doubt I could do anything useful on a rewrite project.

I know my abilities - and I'm trying to extend them.
                  Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Fvckin ell Thanks to all involved in making it happen and now i disappear back to ctp fora.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Ye dropped yer 'aitch', ye wee silly git.

-30-

Comment

Its the Yorksheer in me but near enough.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I was told by EALA, Vivendi Universal, Black Ops, and Rockstar that I am 'too immature,' 'unprofessional' and 'not ready to work for companies of the caliber of EA'.
                          ROFL!!! I hadn't heard that story. That's gonna keep me amused for weeks. I wouldn't agree with that assessment, but they probably say similar things about me behind my back.

Oh well. At least I got to work with some of the greatest programmers in the world (and you know who you are, MrOgre, Pyaray, MBR, Richard, Frustum, Paul, MD, JBare, Chaos, and I'm sure I'm missing some, but y'all know who you are).
                          It was an honor to work with you too.
                          *bow*

Pyaray

Comment

Thanks, D. I appreciate that!

*bows back*

st_swithin perching on your desk
                            -30-

Comment

I was told by EALA, Vivendi Universal, Black Ops, and Rockstar that I am 'too immature,' 'unprofessional' and 'not ready to work for companies of the caliber of EA'.
                              That's outrageous. Really.

(Weren't most of the dotcom CEOs prepubescent? Wouldn't this make you an experienced old fogie by most standards?)
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

My stepmom told me that she wouldn't leave me a penny when she died. I never cared about that, so it never bothered me. HA, you evil b1tch. Take THAT!
                                If I was a father entering into a second marriage I'd have a pre-marrital contract spelling out inheritance rights for my children should I die before my new wife does. I really wouldn't want to risk some ***** throwing my children out with nothing.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X