game ending prematurely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game ending prematurely

In the original version of the game, it keeps ending in the early 20th century, saying that my scientists have discovered why the universe exists and that I have won. I have 5 future techs, but I am currently gaining 0 research per turn to try to stop this from happening. Is there any way to stop the game ending like this (so I can launch my spacecraft) or do I have to load from a saved game before I got my first future tech? Any help would be much appreciated.

It's the Transcendence technology that does that.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Have you got the patch installed?
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I don't have the transcendence tech as I set it to original rather than extended original. I haven't installed the patch though, so I'll try that. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know whether the patch fixes it.

Comment

The readme says that the patch won't affect games started before it was installed, so I won't know whether it makes a difference until I get a new game to that point. I loaded the game up from the year before I went for the first future tech, and it doesn't end at the point it did before, so I'm hoping it won't end until my spaceship lands. It seems like just possessing future tech can cause the game to end prematurely, although I'm sure the civilopedia and manuals didn't mention this.

Comment

Working...
          X