What bands sound like Soundgarden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bands sound like Soundgarden?

There's a song that I've recently heard on the radio several times, and I'd swear that it was a Soundgarden song, but AFAIK Soundgarden hasn't released any new singles in several years. What other bands sound like them?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Audioslave... considering it has like half of soundgarden as members
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Similar but not the same:
      Bush, Stone Temple Pilot, Creed, Green Day, Metallica, Blink 182, Nickelback.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Soundgarden sounds a lot like Soundgarden.

Try also, Green River, Mud Honey, and Mother Love Bone.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

elijah: only one, actually.

But yes, that does make them sound rather similar. He's the vocalist, after all.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            BLASPHEMER!!! How can you compare the greatness that is Soundgarden to god awful **** like Nickelcrap and Blink 1847362doesn'tmattercausewesuckass. Metallica isn't even in the same genre (grunge vs. metal), neither is Green Day (punk). Bush is ok sometimes and STP is great, but ooooo your post makes me wonder if you've ever heard these bands. I don't care much for the bands Chegitz mentioned either, but at least they're kinda similar.

Loinburger, I'm sure the band was Audioslave just like elijah said. Audioslave is Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) + Rage Against the Machine minus Zach. Show Me How to Live is the most recent single. Cochise and Like a Stone (worst track on the album IMO) are the two other singles.

If you like Soundgarden I recommend Pearl Jam's Vitalogy, Alice in Chains' Sap (Chris Cornell guests on this album), Temple of the Dog (Chris Cornell + Pearl Jam basically though Vedder is only on 1 track), and the Single's soundtrack.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I'm sorry, but Green Day and Blink 182 sound absolutely nothing like Soundgarden The others, well I can accept a vague resemblance...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Could be Audioslave with that song, what is it called...c0ck cheese or something?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I checked the track samples at Amazon.com, and the song was by Audioslave. Wizzute!
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Like the others said, Metallica, Blink 182 and Green Day sound completely different from Soundgarden, while the others are somewhat similar but not nearly as good. Audioslave is definitely your best bet for the song... Green River, Temple of the dog, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains are the bands to check out if you want good music that's somewhat similar to Soundgarden.

Comment

I can't see the major similarity between Green River and Soundgarden myself... Maybe 'cause I really like the former and find the latter dull. Green River are much more Rock'n'Roll...
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Metallica sounds nothing like soundgarden as well.

though the Load album is bluesy sounding, it still doesn't resemble soundgarden much.

Comment

Soundgarden is good, which is something they have in common with Green Day, STP, and Pearl Jam. Bush is ok.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Temple of the Dog was ****ing awesome.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X