What do you talk with people about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you talk with people about?

it's been clear from other threads on apolyton that there are some very big differences in the social attitudes of lower middle class people like me and everyone i know and people who are upper class... now i wouldn't expect yall to eat crumpets and drink tea and discuss how Miss Turner ate one too many pieces of pattee at Mrs. Johnson's ****-tail party... but when yall are sitting on the front stoop, what do yall talk about?

recent **** that happened locally, sports, and rap are the most common topics for me and boys i talk to. occasionally, something political is talked about but most **** political i talk to girls (who generally seem more interested in that **** believe it or not).

so how about yall?

(please say you talk about sports all the time so i can feel that there is not another huge difference between me and the rest of the posters here)
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I talk about current events, politics, the Rolling Stones, futbol (soccer as you American's call it).. I am not your typical upper-middle class kid..
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

phew... when i saw you responded to this, i was half expecting you to say, "Our nails, a cute guy's dimples, Ambercombie & Fitch's newest catalog... oh yeah and Franco"
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
        phew... when i saw you responded to this, i was half expecting you to say, "Our nails, a cute guy's dimples, Ambercombie & Fitch's newest catalog... oh yeah and Franco"
        I was talking about my straight friends in my last post.

With my SO and other gay/bi friends it usually is about the same but also cute guys aswell.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Sports, girls, politics, and cars.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

girls? really? now that i think of it, we rarely have conversations about girls... the few ones involve something like some girl passing by and someone being like, "I ****ed her." and then someone being like, "oh for real?" and thats it lol

cars? nah... none of that really here.

Comment

Girls? Ewwwww... gross...

Just Kidding...

Many girls talk to me about lots of things.. they find me very open about anything... I talk about the usual guy things.. but anything else...

Oh yeah and cars is another big subject I talk about...

Comment

what do you mean by cars? talking about some fancy porsches and what not or talking about your own cars and mechanical things?

Comment

what do you mean by cars? talking about some fancy porsches and what not or talking about your own cars and mechanical things?
                  I usually have a car magazine or two in my room.. mostly abour racing cars...

Comment

yeah i wouldn't expect you to know how to fix a carbureator and all that

Comment

yeah i wouldn't expect you to know how to fix a carbureator and all that
                      Well I did help my dad fix his car... and I learned some... but not enough.

And you probably are thinking "a queer like that.. ha.. yeah right". hehe

Comment

hmm, giancarlo...

are you sure you're really gay or just spanish?

Comment

hmm, giancarlo...

are you sure you're really gay or just spanish?
                          Well Spanish doesn't impact that...

Fact remains many think I am really stereotypically gay...

Comment

i mean i dont think it myself but a lot of people in america always be saying (jokingly of course) that there's something about that spanish/latin blood that makes straight spanish men appear to be a bit on that fruity, hip-swivelling side

Comment

i mean i dont think it myself but a lot of people in america always be saying (jokingly of course) that there's something about that spanish/latin blood that makes straight spanish men appear to be a bit on that fruity, hip-swivelling side
                              Not in my country sorry. Machismo is as big of a problem as it is in Latin America.

Comment

Working...
                              X