Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olives!

YUM!

Olives are definately an aquired taste, and it's taken me some time to really get to like them. Not those whimpy canned California olives, but Italian, Sicilian, and GREEK olives. I used to pass an Italian grocers on the way home from work a few years back, and my ride and I would always stop in and buy all kinds of strange types of olives. My favorite had a light cure and was rather fruity.

I just bought a bottle of olives today that I'm totally loving. Krinos imported Cracked Green olives, from Greece. They're packed with olive oil, oregano, and peppercinis! YUM! I just got them cuz I saw that they were spicy olives, and I'm like, why are these so greasy, but damn they are good.

I'm gonna use some of them in a pasta sauce, but these are definately eatin' olives.

What about you?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Re: Olives!

There are no foreign olives here in Logan.
    However, they do sound good
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

YUCK!
      Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

Good olives are a wonderfull thing.

Yes, we all know how much aceitunas are loved in Mexico... Though half the people here would blanch at what is common fare in mexico...

Here in NYC we have a great selection. It was also always fun in Vienna to see the llive bars, with their big barrels of olives...
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Next time a waitress puts olives on a salad of mine, you all will be reading about a deranged psycho who shot up a local IHOP
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I have tried more than mexican olives, believe me.
            kalamatas, blah, blah, blah.
            bleargh.
            Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

Black olives and olive oil are good but green olives are gross.

Comment

I finally acquired a taste for olives last year -- it was like, "Okay, I'll have an olive -- hey! This is GOOD!" -- and I have them nearly every day now. My local supermarket's olive bar has plentiful, good, cheap olives.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I just realized I'm stuck at work without olives.

Now I'm sad.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I am Spanish so you know how this business is. The olives I had at Granada are far better than any of the other ones I ever had.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Mmm olives.. I usually buy the black ones since they're cheaper but I like the green ones as well.

Comment

I tend to like green olives better, but not Spanish green olives, and especially not California Spanish green olives.

BTW, most black olives sold in the US are actually green olives treated with ferrous oxide to make them black. They aren't really black olives.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Sheesh... nothing wrong with Spanish olives.. in fact IMO they are the better ones on the market.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

They're flavor is over the top. French, Greek and Italian olives show more subtley and nuances. You can taste the differences between different regions, where as Spanish olives are like olive bombs going off in your mouth.

Comment

You have a distorted view of how things really are. Have you ever had olives from Granada?

Comment

Working...
                              X