Peace bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace bonus

There are upper limits on so many things in this game. I was wondering if there is an upper limit to how much of a bonus you can get from peace. And, if there is a limit, the minimum number of years peace must be maintained to achieve it. Anybody know?

Each turn of world peace counts for 3 points on your score. That's world-wide peace, not just when you're at peace with everyone. I doubt there's a limit to the number of points you can accumulate.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Horse and Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Thanks for the detail Finbar, I had never understood that. Not that it matters - chances of peace when you're spaceship arrives are pretty small.

I got 102 points for peace recently, when I "retired" to go to bed, which was the most I had ever had. Normally I surpised if its 9!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by finbar on 04-23-2001 08:57 PM
        I doubt there's a limit to the number of points you can accumulate.

There is indeed a limit to the number of peace points that you can get.
        It's been such a long time since I cared about peace points, my old mind can't remember what the top end is, but there is a limit
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In my version, which is 2.42, the peace bonus cannot exceed 100 points, equaling 34 turns of World peace.

I play mainly OCC these days, but back in the old days when I played for World conquest, I'd usually let one AI city survive in order to get the peace bonus before finally bribing it. That's one way to be sure of the bonus.

Comment

So there is a limit. Well, there you go. I've never had enough peace in any of my games to worry about it.

------------------
            Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
            Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
            Horse and Hydey Wrangler
            Mono Rules!
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

one other note i believe is that peace points do not accumulate unitl after 1 AD or after 1500 AD not sure which...... then again i could be wrong
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I think I read that you don't get a bonus for just having the odd year here or there through the centuries, but rather each time war breaks out the bonus clock is re-set to zero.

If that is right, to max out the bonus you would need to set up the puppet conditions 34 turns before you plan to complete and maintain the peace throughout those turns.

I sometimes get a few points if I build in one or two turns because the A1 (2.42 version) seems to want a bit of peace and quite about then so as to concentrate its efforts on building space ship parts and if I've built quickly and none of the A1 civs left on their feet is sizeable it takes them long enough to get their space ships built that mine lands before they finish.

But then what I usually do is use the period after my bird is in the air to try out a bit of combat with more modern units - especially naval ones. I am pretty poor at employing carriers etc.

I sort of feel I owe it to a good game to get it a decent final score but I don't think I'd go so far as to bother with the peace bonus.

Comment

Yes, it has to be consecutive turns of world peace towards the end of the game, naturally.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the help, people.

Comment

unfortunately, the max of 100 peace points is the only diplomatic bonus you can get in that game... I think there should be more possibilities to get rewarded for diplomatic achievements in CIV 3... yeah, as said in another thread, but it does fir in here

Comment

Agree that diplomacy is not the game's strongest suit. It is better in SMAC (but rather too easy to exploit) and the word is that it has been beefed up a long way in Civ3.

The diplomatic interface in Europa Universalis sounds interesting. Royal marriages figure a lot.

I did read posts (on another forum) from a lass whose aim (unachieved) was so to organise her diplomacy and her play generally that no war broke out anywhere between any civ throughout an entire game.

Take some doing that, with such limited diplomatic options, I think.

Comment

Working...
                        X