Roman war 340 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman war 340 AD

I think we have gathered enough of a force to move now. Our soldiers are eager to get at the romans and their women

we can have a force of 3 crusaders and 2 knights in position to attack Antium in 4 turns, we should spit this force in 2 possitioned on the mountains next to the city using the knights defencive value to protect against roman attack then move our crusaders in for the kill.

If you agree with me say so in the poll and if you disagree I shall send the army around to convince you
    Yes attack with our crack troops
    100.00%
    wait until we have a larger force
    0.00%
    Stop, let them get better defence first
    0.00%
    No war, I am a peace loving hippie
    0.00%
    Banana breath
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

oops forgot the map

Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Sounds good Those mountains turn out not so bad after all

Comment

A couple of questions before I vote...

We are taking along some defensive troops I assume? Pikemen I would hope, but I wonder if we can take one or two when they are needed to help maintain martial law. Perhaps if we only take one, we could only attack from one point (mountain). While this would leave us vulnerable to attack for one turn, I beleive that the risk is negligible with Pikemen on Mountains. If the plan is not to bring Pikemen, then I would vote against attacking at this time.

Further the route involves travelling over the Mountains, as is necessary, but would it not be possible to eliminate one turn of movement by making use of the grassland tile and by doing so have the force in position to attack in 3 turns rather than 4?

Originally posted by Hydey:
        we should spit this force
        I would hope that the Minister of War has more respect for our most honourable forces then to spit upon them. We must worry of desertion if the Minister shows so little understanding of our Armies as to disrespect them so.
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I also have 1 question...what if the Romans have already troops stationed on those mountains?(eg legions or Phalanxes on the mountains could give problems)

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Why not travel to the south and attack from the mountain square two squares south of the city?

This way we don't tip off the garrison until the attack begins, we bypass most of the mountains, and we avoid legions traversing the mountains.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

3 Crusaders and 2 knights ought to be sufficient. And I like Obiwan's idea of staging the attack from 2 tiles south of the city. Perhaps the horse could go east of the city to expose units on the mountains.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

But we must need to leave something behind for Martial Law, I would think at a minimum the Archer and the Horsemen. The remainder are either in the attack force or in the case of the Pikemen, defending the attack force correct?
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

The Archer certainly should stay behind. If the Horse is also need to maintain civil order, so be it. But it might be worth changing some workers to Elvises to allow a maximum attack force.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                    I also have 1 question...what if the Romans have already troops stationed on those mountains?(eg legions or Phalanxes on the mountains could give problems)

Shade
                    the people had asked for troops to be pre-positioned to prevent this

If that was the case then I would assume the king would use his initiative and move our troops via another route, probably from the south.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

I would hope that the Minister of War has more respect for our most honourable forces then to spit upon them. We must worry of desertion if the Minister shows so little understanding of our Armies as to disrespect them so.
                      Our mighty troops have the belief that my spit contains magic powers that will give them super human strength in battle.

Do you suggest we upset our mighty army by taking away this magic.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Minimizing delay to minimize defense is the critical factor.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In this case attacking from a Mountain to the south seems to be a good option, as it gives us the quickest route to attack and means that any counterattackers have to leave the safety of their home to take the fight to us, leaving them vulnerable if they by some freak chance succeeded in taking a unit of ours out of play.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                          X